Can a regular 90 and sanitary tee be used on a double kitchen sink?

Users who are viewing this thread

ShelzMike

Reaction score
I think this is OK, but as I was getting my material list from my design together, I hesitated on this aspect. Kitchen has a 2 sided sink and has a regular 90 and a sanitary tee. When you add in the P-Trap, space will become an issue, so is this OK?

VLGkE44.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That's commonly how their done. Works fine for two basins, not as well with a disposer. I use a baffle tee if I'm installing a disposer on one side.

disposer-piping-change-5.jpg

Last edited:

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think this is OK, but as I was getting my material list from my design together, I hesitated on this aspect. Kitchen has a 2 sided sink and has a regular 90 and a sanitary tee. When you add in the P-Trap, space will become an issue, so is this OK?

VLGkE44.jpg

It looks like your planning on using PVC fittings under the sink. I could be wrong. If you are your better off stubbing a piece of PVC out of the wall and after you set the sinks finnish the sink drains with poly.

ShelzMike

Reaction score
It looks like your planning on using PVC fittings under the sink. I could be wrong. If you are your better off stubbing a piece of PVC out of the wall and after you set the sinks finnish the sink drains with poly.

You are right in that it does look like that. However, that is not what I'm actually going to be putting in. I design fully in SketchUp but I don't always get too concerned with using the exact material everywhere. Dealing with all of those components in the model takes longer than is necessary. Therefore, I generally use the same component set I have built over the years for everything but when it comes time to install, I use proper types of material as appropriate.