Cabin In The Woods

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by lizzydog, Mar 28, 2009.

1. lizzydog

lizzydog New Member

I recently built two cabins in the woods. They are about four feet off the ground. All plumbing will be underneath. I can build and do the electrical, but I am not sure about the proper way to plumb them. Cabins have a 6' X6'
    bathroom--WC-lavetory and bath tub and on outside of bathroom there is a
    single sink. Lavetory and bath drains are 3' apart and sink drain is 6' from lavetory drain, all in a straight line. Will this work? 3" stack running down outside wall 90 into 4" double saintary tee(that is on WC flange). On the other side of sanitary tee I will run 2" drain for lavetory,tub and sink.
    Thanks in advance for any help

lizzydog
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Need some drawings, but a sanitary tee cannot be used on a horizontal pipe. Waste must enter through a wye with a 1/8 bend.
  3. lizzydog

lizzydog New Member

I will try and post drawing later. Here are some measurments:
    Bathroom is 6' X 6', bath drain and lavetory are three feet apart, they penetrate the floor exactly across from each other. From floor penetration to
    WC flange is 5' Sink is 5 or 6 feet from lavetory, and penetrates floor straight across from lavetory. My drain for these would be in a upside down T.
    Please help me figure out what I need to hook this up.

Thanks

lizzydog
  4. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

I notice quite a lot of "cabin in the woods" threads in this forum... :rolleyes:
  5. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I REALLY want to make some kind of comment about bears and the woods...........!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I've gone over the top...

[​IMG]
  7. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The first cabin, here on Quesnel Lake in Canada only has a kitchen sink that drains into a pit.
    Our outhouse was farther up the hill. My brother Shannon is shown after reroofing it.

The third, is just an old cabin in the Cariboo.

The second one also on the lake has no plumbing. that belonged to our neighbors,
    They built a bigger cabin after a few years.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  8. Terry

On year we went during Easter. We had to break ice on the lake to get to our cabin. It was two miles across open water, there was no road.

During the night, a storm came up and filled one of the boats with snow and ice. We took the motor inside to thaw it out.
    The boats were our only way home, It was an interesting week vacation with 10" of snow on Easter morning.

You want to know how cold my feet were coming across the lake with all that ice?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  9. Terry

Fishing was good on the lake. Us kids would take the boats out for hours and come back in time for dinner.
    We could read two novels a day, fish, swim, and explore the woods.
    We carved out a path through the forest to the next beach with sand farther down the lake.

Attached Files:

10. Terry

The forest fire

One Summer we had a forest fire across the lake.
    During the day we could see the fire, and at night we took our boats over and could feel the warmth of the fire, safely from our boats. The fire fighters were working to keep it from spreading by bulldozing a fire stop.
    We went back over the next day and it was pretty much gone.

Attached Files:

11. cwhyu2

cwhyu2 Consultant

Nice pictures Terry!Makes me want to get out of the city.
  12. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009