Broken plastic toilet flange

Users who are viewing this thread

shiftyc

Reaction score
After removing an old commode for placement of a new one, I discovered that the plastic flange was broken on one side where the bolt is placed making it impossible to tighten down. It is also out of level by a full bubble. It sits on concrete but fastened only to the drain pipe.

How do I replace it? Does it have to be cut out, if so how? What tools are needed? Is there a replacement flange that might fit over the existing flange?

Thanks

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would probably get a spanner flange replacement kit from the hardware store. You can hammer it in under the side that is broken. Then drill pilot holes and screw the flange into the concrete with short tapcons. You can try to level it with the screws.

Here's a link for more repair options:
http://www.hatcreekoutfit.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=508

Attachments

• spanner flange.jpg
    spanner flange.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 686
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks