Briggs floor mounted, rear outlet toilet - Sell used?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by chrisprovidence, Aug 25, 2010.

1. chrisprovidence

chrisprovidence New Member

Hello,

This is my first post, and I hope somebody can help.

My girlfriend and I are renovating our condo and we're debating replacing out old Briggs floor mounted, rear outlet toilet with an American Standard Yorkville or new Briggs Vacuity 4254. Our Briggs is a round bowl w/ normal height, and we both prefer a comfort-height, elongated bowl. Plus the flush power isn't the greatest.

My question is: Can we sell our old Briggs toilet used to recoop some of the cost of a new toilet? The A/S toilet costs around $480. If we can sell our old toilet, how much is a reasonable price? Wondering if there's a market for used rear outlet toilets.

Thanks!
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Although you do find old toilets in salvage yards, in most areas it would be illegal to install one if it is not 1.6 GPF. I can't imagine anyone willing to give you more than 10 bucks for a used toilet!
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I dispose of about twenty toilets a week. Most are going in with rebates from the water department with the provision that they do not get re-used.
  4. chrisprovidence

chrisprovidence New Member

Thanks Jimbo & Terry. I just wasn't sure because rear outlet toilets are pricey. I think the model we have is 1.6gpf. But it sounds like we're better off scrapping it.