Best outdoor faucets?

Users who are viewing this thread

karsc01

Reaction score
Here's a simple general question. I have 3 outdoor faucets. It's an old house and they're probably 30 or 40 years old. They don't leak when they're off but when they're in use they spray water out of every imaginable place like a sprinkler. Tighting the nut makes no difference. I could probably replace the washers and it might help but they're also leaking out by the handle and I really just want to completely replace all 3.
So the question is.
What is the absolute best outdoor faucet to install? I could install a ball valve but I'm just worried it might look a little silly outside. But I know they're good, so what are everyone's thoughts?

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
B&K Mueller makes a 1/4 turn Anti-Siphon Frost Proof hose bibb that works excellent and is easy to turn.

The only callbacks I get on them is customers forgetting that it is a 1/4 turn and cranking/breaking the handle off. That has nothing to do with product quality.

Anything on those outside faucets are lifetime warranty. All you have to do is call customer service and they ship it to you. I know this because I've had one customer do this......said the follow-up is great.

Home cheapo sells these right now under $20, depending on the length you need.

karsc01

Reaction score
Thanks. I wrote that down and I'll be checking them out. They sound like the ticket. I plan to have some of these hooked up to water timers so I need something that won't leak at all when it's on (so I can use the timers).

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
RUGGED said:
B&K Mueller makes a 1/4 turn Anti-Siphon Frost Proof hose bibb that works excellent and is easy to turn.

The only callbacks I get on them is customers forgetting that it is a 1/4 turn and cranking/breaking the handle off. That has nothing to do with product quality.

Anything on those outside faucets are lifetime warranty. All you have to do is call customer service and they ship it to you. I know this because I've had one customer do this......said the follow-up is great.

Home cheapo sells these right now under $20, depending on the length you need.

I put on a Blue Box cheap brand...Made in China. They put it real big like it's an added feature. Anyhow, tightened up the connection in back w/ some teflon tape to a soldered piece of pipe and sweated that to existing plumbing. Looked good to me. Sucker leaked at the threads like a sieve! Decided to try to turn the outside a full revolution. Had the girlfriend hold the inside and I turned the outside w/ a wrench. Ok....still leaked. Tried to turn on the faucet. Didn't budge. Tried real hard. Broke the handle. Pulled it out of the wall and the frost free pipe was twisted all the way around--looked kind of neat really. Returned it and bought a better brand and then sweated it on.

I saw a hot water/cold water faucet for outdoors in either one of the handyman mags or maybe TOH mag. Looked neat. I think it was $60-80. Made by a major brand.

Jason

JK60

Engineer
Reaction score
Lakee911 said:
I saw a hot water/cold water faucet for outdoors in either one of the handyman mags or maybe TOH mag. Looked neat. I think it was $60-80. Made by a major brand.

Moen makes a hot/cold water faucet for outdoors.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Lakee911 said:
I put on a Blue Box cheap brand...Made in China. They put it real big like it's an added feature. Anyhow, tightened up the connection in back w/ some teflon tape to a soldered piece of pipe and sweated that to existing plumbing. Looked good to me. Sucker leaked at the threads like a sieve! Decided to try to turn the outside a full revolution. Had the girlfriend hold the inside and I turned the outside w/ a wrench. Ok....still leaked. Tried to turn on the faucet. Didn't budge. Tried real hard. Broke the handle. Pulled it out of the wall and the frost free pipe was twisted all the way around--looked kind of neat really. Returned it and bought a better brand and then sweated it on.

Jason

Why didn't you solder the first one on like you did the second one?

Or Why didn't you thread on the second one like you did the first?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks