Bathtub spout question

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by ZaphoidPA, Jul 3, 2013.

1. ZaphoidPA

ZaphoidPA New Member

Hi...

We are redoing our bathtub, and it has the style of spout with the treads at the wall end of it.

We obtained a replacement spout of the same type, but when we thread the spout back on to the fitting in the picture it gets to a certain point and the whole fitting just spins. Is this normal? Do we need to cut the old piece of copper out and replace it with a new piece of copper and a new fitting, or can we just pull the fitting off?...

IMG_00000068.jpg

Thanks kindly,
    Richard.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

That is cut very short to the wall.
    The piece on there isn't what we normally see.
    It looks to be 1/2" copper with a plastic fitting loose on the end.

If it's me, I'm picking up a Delta tub spout and extending the copper out with the solder on adapter that the Delta comes with.
    Most of the other spouts will need extending too.