Bathroom Remodel Pressure Test

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by swiederin, Oct 13, 2012.

1. swiederin

swiederin New Member

I remodeled my sencond floor bathroom and used PEX for the first time. I would like to do a pressure/leak test before putting the new flooring down. How can this be done? Never done that before.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If the new pipes are connected to your current system, it's a bit too late.
    They system needs isolation so that the pressure can be contained. If the system is off line so to speak, you can use a hydrostatic pump attached to a valve to pressurize.
    Frankly, if it's holding water, I'm sure you're fine. PEX either leaks or it doesn't.
  3. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

If you are handy, you could make up an air fitting with a schrader valve to pump up the system with a bicycle pump. You will need to have valves in place to isolate the section which you want to test.