Bathroom faucet not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Dirtroad Johnson

Reaction score
Just installed a new price pfister faucet in the bathroom sink & there is either no
water at all or very little when turning on the cold or hot water. I disconnected the
flex line to the sink & open the cut off valve & there was great water pressure. Also
installed a new shower & the hot water side works like it should but the cold side
has no water when turned on. I disconnected the supply line & turned water on &
there was good water pressure also. I'm not a plumber & don't understand why there
is water to the supply lines but no water comes out of these 2. Thanks for any help.
DJ

Reach4

Reaction score
Clean the aerator on the faucet. If that does not do it, I would return the faucet if you recently bought it new because it does not work. If you want an alternative, I would call the manufacturer. They may send out free parts to help you repair the faucet.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; They may send out free parts to help you repair the faucet.

YES, but first you have to know what parts you need for them to send them. Your shower valve balancing spool is stuck on the cold side. You have to take the cartridge out and tap it on the floor a couple of times until you feel it moving when you shake the cartridge.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks