basement bathroom

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by chad4290, Nov 28, 2008.

1. chad4290

chad4290 New Member

i am adding a basement bathroom for my mom and have a couple of questions. the new bathroom toilet,showerstall and sink is going to be within five feet of the soil/waste stack already existing for the upstairs. i was planning on running a new vent along side the existing vent because there is a place i can run in through behind the sink in the 2x6 wall and then through the roof. i was wondering can i vent the sink, shower, and toilet through the vent,or if the toilet is within 5 feet of the waste/soil stack would that be considered venting? when venting the sink and shower does it matter which is vented higher on the vent stack? thanks
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The bathroom below will need to be vented, and the vent can tie in above the 2nd floor bathroom.

"All" of the fixtures downstairs will need to be vented.

[​IMG]