Banded Clamp

Users who are viewing this thread

gsici

Reaction score
I am tapping into my main indoor drain for a basement toilet. And I could use to banded clamps, however my preference would be to use a regular coupler on one side and a rubber on the other but getting the gap to zero is vituallly impossible. How big a gap is allowed when using a 4" banded clamp?

gsici

Reaction score
Terry Sorry I am a newbie.
Not sure I follow. I have a 4x4x3 Wye fitting going into this gap and I would like to glue one side in and align the other side as close as possible to the pipe using a clamp, however during my dry fit I cannot get one side in to glue without at least a 1/2 '' gap. Is this too big?

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I don't think you can glue one side and make it work.
When I"m cutting in a wye, or any fitting for that matter, into a "fixed in place" line, I use two couplings.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
connection

Unless one side or the other is able to be flexed out of the way, there is no way you will install your Y by gluing one side and then a conventional band on the other.

gsici

Reaction score
HJ
Thx I will do two clamps, However here is a twist. I am reducing from a 4"PVC to a 3"ABS at the WYE and I am less comfortable (after the numerous threads on this forum) about using transition glue. Would a third clamp be okay?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks