Are Toto sales up?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by edwardh1, Jun 8, 2014.

1. edwardh1

edwardh1 Member

either year to year or as a per cent of replacement market?
    Odd saw 3 new Toto toilets yesterday
    - one in a neighbors house
    - one in a club I am in
    - one in a small diner

all replaced an existing toilet that was probably 10+ years old.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I believe they are.
    I also see them many places. Of course in the Seattle area, a lot of that is me. We've been selling and installing for years here.
    The name is getting out there for sure.

Part of that sales growth, is the replacement of build grade toilets that come with new homes.
    Often, a builder is working on a 5% margin. Certain items, are like placeholders to get the home sold. You have a bathroom, and it has a toilet. If you're very gentle with it, it even works. Not everybody likes something that you have to be so gentle with though. Take kids. They can give a real test to some of those. We wind up in a lot of kid friendly homes. :)
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  3. Kiton

Kiton Member

They have a 1/2 page Co-op ad in the home section of big daily paper Saturday past.
    I do not recall seeing 1/2 page ads (big dollars) from Toto in the past.