Aqua tek water softener problem

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by reebz2003, Jan 19, 2011.

1. reebz2003

reebz2003 New Member

Hello,
    I recently moved into a house with a Aqua Tek water softener and a Rainsoft PH neutralizer system. The problem i'm having is that i have added salt to the tank and manually regenerated the system many time over the past couple months and the salt level has not changed. I checked the pickup tube in the basin and it didnt seem to be clogged. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    -Jon
  2. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

From what I can tell they have used many different valves in their equipment over the years and today.
    One of the most likely reasons for brine level not to go down is an injector that is plugged and the brine pull can not be done.. A little more information on what valve that you have on yours would help in figuring out just why.
  3. reebz2003

reebz2003 New Member

I have the aqua tek softener model number CSI001.
  4. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  5. reebz2003

reebz2003 New Member

Thank you for link! From looking at the diagrams i believe i have the 1500 model from Fleck.
  6. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Brass body with the in at the back and out at the top, body looks be one piece?

In any event the brine injector block on top of the valve body is the place to start looking and cleaning.
    If you have not down loaded the 1500 or 2510 book , do so..
    Under the metal cap is the injector that can plug, a small paper clip straightend will work to clean out the injector and then make sure that the screen is clean.
    Let us know if that works , pm is you need to ... other wise the fleck book should be able to walk you through most challenges with the valve.
  7. mialynette2003

mialynette2003 Member

I don't ever recommend using a paper clip. The rough edges can/will scar the inside of the injector. I use a blade of grass or straw.
  8. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

It depends on how rough one is with it, and the color of the injector.
    Red does not work well because it is smaller but the white and blue it can be done.
    I have extras so I just change them out when I do it for customers and then take the ones that I removed and soak them to clean them up.
  9. reebz2003

reebz2003 New Member

Thank you to everyone who responded. I was able to take it apart and clean everything up and it seems to be working right now. I really appreciate all of you advice.
  10. reebz2003

reebz2003 New Member

After being able to watch it fully regenerate i noticed that during the cycle where it pulls the brine from the tank it was only pulling is about halfway up and not entering the softening unit. Does anyone know any causes as to why it is not pulling it all the way thru? Thanks in advance.
  11. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Make sure that there are no cuts in the brine line and that the nuts at both ends of the brine line are tight.
    Sounds like you are pulling air in some place and that will stop the brine pull.