Any way to repair the off market brand kitchen faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
Purchased Off amazon 3+years ago, WaterLux WL-301STS Stainless Steel Deluxe 3-Way Kitchen Faucet for Reverse Osmosis System Lead Free (so they say)

Recently started leaking from the faucet. The paperwork had only install instructions, no trouble shooting repair etc...No manufacturer website or any way to contact them. Any way to repair these?

If not, do I need to look for anything special in a replacement since I have a POS reverse osmosis filter under the sink, and how to verify their claims.

I don't want metals leaching into the drinking water

Attachments

• ro faucet.jpg
    ro faucet.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 36

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't do a lot of repair work myself, but I've come to understand that most faucets use one of a handful of cartridges that are all made by the same manufacture. Might be able to cross reference the cartridge by taking it to a parts store.. maybe.

I don't have recommendations for a faucet. I know we install a lot of Delta beverage faucets for RO.. but couldn't say if the water leaving the cartridge doesn't come into contact with metals...

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Purchased Off amazon 3+years ago, WaterLux WL-301STS Stainless Steel Deluxe 3-Way Kitchen Faucet for Reverse Osmosis System Lead Free (so they say) Recently started leaking from the faucet.

Just pull the cartridge out of it and run it down to Depot to see if they have a drop in for it. More than likely it's a clone of something already out there.

John

royalflush001

Reaction score
For the WaterLux leak, Check connections or gaskets. Contact the seller or your nearby hardware stores.
For faucet replacement, ensure RO compatibility, choose lead-free certified (NSF 61/G), and research filter claims (NSF 42/53).

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
No way home depot gonna have this. I did find a company selling these faucets, I have contacted them. No reply yet

Attachments

• cartridge.jpg
    cartridge.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 37
  • faucet.jpg
    faucet.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Cartridge 1.jpg
    Cartridge 1.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 35

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
No way home depot gonna have this. I did find a company selling these faucets, I have contacted them. No reply yet

They have a selling page on Amazon - try contacting them directly or leave a nasty comment/review - that will get their attention.

John

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies and advice.
Here is a photo of the other side, the main hot cold control.
Looks like an integral part of the faucet and not replaceable.
I see what they say if a tell them I will review their product. $200 I expect more than a few years out of it

Their contact us emails won't send and they don't answer the phone, I'll try the amazon site too

Attachments

• main faucet.jpg
    main faucet.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 34

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Their contact us emails won't send and they don't answer the phone, I'll try the amazon site too
And this is the reason we don't buy off brand, If I can't warranty a product without replacing the entire thing I won't provide it. I doubt you will get any response.

But there is an off chance you might get lucky and find a replacement if they're using generic cartridges.

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
Any recommendations for a 3 way kitchen faucet(need a separate control for the filtered water) with a pull down spout that has parts available. I have a POS reverse osmosis under the sink

Fitter30

Reaction score
help@waterlux.com
754 317 0104

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I never heard of such a style of faucet I have a seperate R/0 faucet and Ive replaced a few that were watts, finaly went to another cheap brand and now no issues after a few years.
Had a freind/ customer thats when you do the work so cheap I cant call them a customer LOL . That had this cool looking modern "shower system" that had developed a leak at the valve, spent a lot of timeTrying to order a cartridge then the company said I could get a new valve but would need pictures (I had the model number) they sent wrong valve and said no other valve available, I was ready to tell her to replce the entire system but wound up taking it to my house and fabricating parts and searching for trim to adapt. but got it working , too many trips and phone calls It was called a AKDY shower wall rainfall system what junk. gotta watch what you buy

Jsmallberries

Reaction score
help@waterlux.com
754 317 0104
That's the brand I have, thanks for the contact info. Was able to send an email, no response

The reason for the faucet, the counter top is quartz and I do not want to drill any additional holes through it.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Heard back from the seller. No parts, yer on yer own. 2.5 years out of it, the race to the bottom continues.........
Yep same thing I got over a shower system, its chinese junk and good luck finding parts you could probebly find a pallet of the faucets easier than a cartridge

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Heard back from the seller. No parts, yer on yer own. 2.5 years out of it, the race to the bottom continues.........

Here's what I would do with no compunction whatsoever (your morals are up to you). I would buy another one brand new, gut it for the parts I need, and return it..

While you're at it, put in a negative review on Amazon describing exactly what happened after you get credit for the return.

John

Houptee

Reaction score
Check the links I put above to the stem and cartridges that look like they will fit on amazon. Those off brands use off the shelf parts for the valving that is why they are able to sell them at lower prices. If you search you can find them on ebay, amazon, and cheapest cartridges are on Temu and Aliexpress but it takes 2 weeks to arrive from China so buy an extra one if you go that route.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks