Anti-scald for free-standing tub supplies

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by DavidTu, Aug 13, 2014.

1. DavidTu

DavidTu Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    I need an ASSE 1070 compliant mixing valve at point of use for a free-standing slipper tub supply (3/4" supply lines btw). What products are recommended? The supplies are to be floor-mounted; how have you handled access for the valve in this scenario (I am thinking about building a box above the floor onto which the free-standing supplies can mount and within which would be the valve... other ideas?)

What is most cost-effective way to meet the requirements (see below)... perhaps a ASSE 1016 valve is less expensive, though seemingly more advanced?

Seattle/King Country Director's Ruling:

Does this work?
    we have 3/4" supply lines running... will it hurt much to reduce to 1/2" at the valve and then 1/2" supply from there or does that remove the benefit of the 3/4" dedicated supply lines? OR is there a 3/4" version of this valve or similar? (Again, this is not to protect from thermal shock, just scalding so Seattle / King County only requires ASSE 1070 but ASSE 1016 options would work as well--was assuming ASSE 1070 would be cheaper, but maybe not if too uncommon)

Here is an old thread I tried to resurrect but I didn't see it in the Forum so reposting here.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  2. Smooky

Smooky Active Member

Apr 4, 2011
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    If your water heater is set to 120 with a tempering valve or tankless, you're fine as far as I know.
    I like the tempering valves in the home, because it measures incoming hot and blends it down with cold.