Another Delta R10000 install question ---

Users who are viewing this thread

Switchex

Reaction score
Hi All. Looked through the forum and I see a lot of questions and suggestions as to how to install delta rough unit. How deep to install this is still an issue for me, which I will try to figure out. But the bigger issue for me is the trim sleeve that goes between the valve handle and the Escutcheon. No matter where (how deep) I install the unit, I am able to move the sleeve back and forth and expose the brass under it. Also, it seems that there is too much space between my handlebar the sleeve. Looking at the pictures of the faucet that I have purchased (Peerless Apex), the handlebar is sitting flush with the sleeve. In my case, there is an almost .5" gap between the handle and the sleeve. (not to mention that the whole thing is sticking out too far out). What am i doing wrong? I wish there was a good install video by delta :-(

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
delta_r10000_spec.jpg

I normally shoot for the front edge of the plastic plaster guard to be even with the finished tile surface.
Do some Delta valves go out a ways? Yes.
You bought Peerless trim? Does that even fit?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks