American Standard Cadet Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

MungoCity

Reaction score
Several weeks ago I bought 3 American Standard Cadet Pro toilets from the local Ferguson. Got them home, looked them over, and found one bowl and one tank lid with cosmetic issues (bowl: no glazing under the rim and several small 1/8" circular spots in the bowl missing glazing. tank lid: had a long piece of sharp jagged clay along the edge). I installed the 2 good toilets in our guest bath and master bath. So far they work very well and we are happy with the performance. However, getting an acceptable replacement for the defective bowl has proven frustrating. I have been back to Ferguson 2 separate times for an exchange, each time I ended up with another bowl with cosmetic issues. The first replacement bowl had several 1/8" dark spots in or under the finish in the bowl, the second replacement (which I got today) had a 1/8" hole in the glazing in the bowl about 2" below the rim (it looks as if someone pricked it with a nail before the finish cured). So now I will have to go back to Ferguson yet again, but this time I will have to open the box first and inspect the bowl before I leave.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I've never experienced such consistent defects in anything I've ever bought. I thought the toilet manufacturers sent the better quality stuff to the plumbing supply houses. Well, I learned the hard way that AS doesn't. This has been super frustrating to say the least. Has anyone else experienced this or do I just have really bad luck? The guys at Ferguson told me they get defects once in while, but not like this.

cadet_pro_10d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Plumbledon

Reaction score
6 years later, I've had the same issue, but from big box (guess that doesn't surprise anybody) a Cadet 3 and a Cadet Ovation from HD. Didn't see pitting but terrible glazing job on the flush chamber and in the rim jet area, guess they don't care to fix this kind of problem....

quality control or design post

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks