American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

Users who are viewing this thread

SeattleHiker

Reaction score
The Cadet is the worst toilet I have ever had, period. I've have 2 in my house since 2006, and I am finally fed up enough to yank them and replace them. How can anyone here say anything good about this toilet. For starters, I has a slow flush and slow fill rate. I fail to see how folks here (some are licensed plumbers I presume) can say anything else. If your turds are larger than Chiwawa's, it will clog. Now, perhaps there is a venting issue in the house that (remodeled in 05-06), I don't know. Maybe we need power-flushers for our power-*****, I don't know. Anyone have any suggestions?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The Cadet is the worst toilet I have ever had, period. I've have 2 in my house since 2006, and I am finally fed up enough to yank them and replace them. How can anyone here say anything good about this toilet. For starters, I has a slow flush and slow fill rate. I fail to see how folks here (some are licensed plumbers I presume) can say anything else. If your turds are larger than Chiwawa's, it will clog. Now, perhaps there is a venting issue in the house that (remodeled in 05-06), I don't know. Maybe we need power-flushers for our power-*****, I don't know. Anyone have any suggestions?

A great value is the original Toto Drake CST744E (elongated bowl, 1.28 gallons per flush) or CST744S (elongated bowl, 1.6 gallons per flush). Both are very effective, using Toto's GMax flush. The Drake has excellent build quality and fit and finish, and flushes superbly. It is an excellent value at a little more than $200. We have two, and love them. The seat is separate, and you can use your old one, buy a new one you like, or get the Toto SS114, which is a nice heavy-duty slow-close seat. The bolt positions are standard, so most brands will fit, although the Toto seat will contour to the toilet a little better than some others. (We have one Toto toilet with the SS114, which we like, and on our two Drakes we used the nice wood Mayfair slow-close seats with the easy-clean hinges that we had just installed on the toilets we replaced with the Drakes; we like those seats as well.)

Wallijonn

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions?

I'd start by looking at the wax seal, to see if hasn't deformed and is obstructing the water & waste flow. If it flows slowly I'd look to see if maybe something isn't stuck in the drain, like a plastic shaver. Yeah, that happened to me...

But the fact that you say that you have two and they both are doing the same thing - maybe it's time to get 1.6g Drakes.

Have you had your sewer pipes inspected? A friend had a tree root growing in his - going right for the toilet.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks