American Standard backing up.

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Flushman, Jan 16, 2006.

1. Flushman

Flushman New Member

My American Standard keeps backing up on me, and I can't figure out why? It's not clogged, the pipe is working alright, and everythings fine, but once in a while it'll start spewing excrement everywhere! :mad:
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

It sounds more like a backed up main line to me.

Toilets don't spew. If stuff is coming back up, it's coming from somewhere else.
    I saw an office building where the upstairs toilets were coming up from the first floor toilet. Not a good thing. That is not the direction you like to see.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2006
  3. Cass

Cass Plumber

I think Terry is right, you have a mainline problem that hasn't showed it's self in it's full glory yet.
  4. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

Flushman, do you mean the toilet spills onto the floor even when you don't flush it?
  5. Flushman

Flushman New Member

I had a plumber come look at it, and he said it was the main line. He has fixed it now. Thank you, although everything suggested from my other thread with the red juice hasn't worked. :confused: