American Standard 2 handle faucet HAMPTON model with rough in kit

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by JHenry6941, Nov 13, 2013.

1. JHenry6941

JHenry6941 New Member

I have a walk in shower with thick ceramic tile (House built in 60s) and a joist(load Bearing): that will not let the faucet go through the wall enough to connect handles///so I called American Standard they told me I needed a rough in extender kit which I ordered...and my plumber says its still not long enough...can anyone help me?..What I need is an OLD Style faucet built for a 60s home basically...Any ideas/thoughts or whatever would be appreciated..(I don't know why my plumber cant figure something out!)

http://www.americanstandard-us.com/assets/documents/amstd/spec/SpecSheet_535.pdf

[​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

It looks like you have some room between the wall and the pipes. Is he just concerned about lining up with the previous pipes in the wall?
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Why would a joist, which should be under the floor, have anything to do with how the faucet is positioned in the wall? How is he managing to make it pressure balanced as required by ALL codes now?
  4. robert13084

robert13084 New Member

Pfister makes a 2 and 3 handle faucet with longer stems. If thats not long enough pfister also makes stem extension up to 2".
  5. JHenry6941

JHenry6941 New Member

Answer

Sorry Im no carpenter either...I guess the proper term would be studs? At any rate I ordered the American Standard model7221.732.002 Polished Chrome from..Hope it works will let u guys know thanks for the ideas one more thing according to the leterature That was sent to me this faucet meets code
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2013
  6. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

That valve has "construction and material code" approval and "ADA approved HANDLES", but it does not indicate, nor do I know how it could be, "temperature/pressure regulated as is REQUIRED for ALL shower valves.