Adorne Under-Cabinet Lighting System

Users who are viewing this thread

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'll be installing one of these ucl systems for the first time within the next week or so. I'd appreciate any words of wisdom from anyone who's done one. It's a modular system with outlets and lights on a track mounted under the cabinet. It's pretty new and the customer says the components are hard to get on account of demand for the product.

I eagerly await your response.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks, DonL.
I finished up this afternoon. I'll post some thoughts on this product maybe over the weekend if time allows.
The ucl system is Adorne by Legrande.

Last edited:

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
This is a nice product that would appeal to a lot of people because of the many useful features it has.
There is a track with outlets for countertop appliances and also plugins for several types of under counter lights, and modules for usb connections to charge phones, etc.
There is a "control box" component, and track components in various lengths, and also a blank section that can be cut to length to make the tracks better fit the space under the cabinets.
You can follow the directions which come with the track components and also the directions that come with the control box to assemble and mount the tracks under the cabinets. Drill, tape, screwdriver, etc. You may need a hand with any long assemblies.
Here's the bad news: the control box is something like a double-gang box in size, but with a beveled face on the front. Imbedded in the face is a gfci outlet and a dimmer switch. These devices take up most of the useful space in the box. Your cable (they want 3 circuits) comes into the control box and feeds the gfci outlet, the dimmer switch, and must connect to the six wires that feed the track (outlets, lights, and accessories). Plus, you have ground wires on the two device frames to tie in also. There is a wiring harness that plugs in to the track with six stranded wires that would have to be connected inside the control box. If your feed comes into the control box in the middle of a run, then you have a right and a left wiring harness to deal with inside the rapidly shrinking space in the box. Add 6 more wires. You're packing a 6-foot cobra into a pack of Luckys while working under the bottom of the cabinets. Also, stranded wires nutted together with solid wires don't tend to stay together when you're trying to pack them back into the corners of the box.
Is the frustration showing yet?
Ok, next time, if there is one, I would cut in a box in the sheetrock behind the control box to give myself more room for wiring connections, wire nuts, splices, etc, and have an overflow area to relieve the crowding, if you will.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks