Addition of bathroom and washer

Users who are viewing this thread

piper2

Reaction score
Can i do this? I am helping a friend do an add on of shower,toilet wash box and vanity. The question is--- do i have to vent shower which is down stream of the toilet? the lay out will be as follows--- toilet at far end of run then 3x2 wye for vanity (venting from there) then shower 2", the washer box 2" and onto the old 3" under old portion of house, so im not sure if another vent is needed. Its all basically in a straight line from wc to tie in except a turn under old portion at that point ill add a co.

3x3x3 y w 45 w co (end of run), 3" lr to wc flng, 3x2 y w 2" 45 to vanity (about 8') and 2" vent to roof, 3x2 y (about 2') p trap to shower, 3x2 y (about 5')p trap to washer box then thru wall make turn w 3x3x3y w 45 w co, then 15-18' to tie in w 3x3x3 y w 45, so simple yes?

I think this will work just not sure about vent for shower being down stream of wc, please advise.

piper2

Reaction score
no no the vanity is about 8 ' from wc vent is at vanity

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The shower needs to be vented before it enters the main line that the toilet is on.

The washer needs to be vented before it enters other plumbing lines or stacks.

piper2

Reaction score
well that blows our plan out of he water...looks like 3 vents total, 1.5" each before entering 3" main run.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There can be a huge gap between how you describe your piping and how you actually install it. HOW you install it will determine what and where the vents have to be.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks