Addition Bath Plumbing Drainage?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by seattleguy, Mar 24, 2009.

1. seattleguy

seattleguy New Member

Mar 24, 2009
    Hi. I'm new to this forum. I'm a DIYer in Seattle and I'm working on the plumbing for my new bathroom and washing machine closet. I currently have a 3" vent stack and I intend to install a 2" vent for the toilet and washing machine and a 1 1/2" for the sink and shower. I drew the picture below and an looking for some expert advise. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks,
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    What you have drawn would not pass inspection in Seattle.
    The toilet is not vented,
    The sink is an illegal S trap
    Where the 3" ties into the 4" you need a wye fitting.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Dec 15, 2007
    Service Plumber
    Good thing your asking ahead of time...
  5. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

Aug 17, 2008
    Hand copper part cleaned ready to go
    Flagstaff, AZ Sitting on an upside down 5 gallon b