8.5" rough in...

Users who are viewing this thread

084runnerltd

Reaction score
Hi all, new member here.

What started with my wife re-doing the laundry room quickly turned into adding a toilet and sink.

As she was removing the old tile we found a toilet and sink drain, hooray!!

I was already at the store looking at the latest and greatest throwns on display...I told my inner child to go home and put in some more thought.

Once at home, this is what I realized (see pic) I have a 8.5" rough in . It is in concrete so moving the drain isn't much of an option....

Menards sold me a flange (see pic) but I don't think that will sit flat on the concrete.

Any options? I would consider just putting a urinal there if that would work....

As for behind the wall there is about 2" of free play that I could cut out if needed....??? Thinking there has to be an easier way...

Thanks in advance.

Jake

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 212
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 239

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you can move the wall, there are a fair number of 10" rough-in toilets out there. If you're going to try to use that offset flange, you might as well just keep going and move it to 12", then you'll have almost unlimited choices.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The offset won't work unless you break concrete.

If you can shift the center to 9.25" you have a shot at a 10" rough bowl.
How big in diameter is the drain now? If it's 4" ID, you can set the bowl offcenter over the drain and seal with wax.
The bolts can be secured into the concrete with a repair flange over the concrete.

Or you could also set back the wall some for the tank.

084runnerltd

Reaction score
The offset won't work unless you break concrete.

If you can shift the center to 9.25" you have a shot at a 10" rough bowl.
How big in diameter is the drain now? If it's 4" ID, you can set the bowl offcenter over the drain and seal with wax.
The bolts can be secured into the concrete with a repair flange over the concrete.

Or you could also set back the wall some for the tank.

Drain is 3". Agreed I do t think the offset flange adaptor will work. Look like I will be cutting into he wall....;(

Thanks for the help.

084runnerltd

Reaction score
If you can move the wall, there are a fair number of 10" rough-in toilets out there. If you're going to try to use that offset flange, you might as well just keep going and move it to 12", then you'll have almost unlimited choices.

Thinking I will have to cut into the wall ;(. Thanks for the advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks