30 psi max

Users who are viewing this thread

Oregon97

Reaction score
Hi All,
I just replaced my motor on my jacuzzi pump. Installed a low pressure cut-off switch this go round to save the motor if my holding tank runs dry as it has in the past.

I've just got everything going tonight and can't get above 30 psi? Any suggestions on what to try next? Could it be the pump is toast? I can get to 30psi and it holds, so there are no leaks. But I can't get to the desired 60psi that I want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, there is a brass fitting that is between the pump and the holding tank line. Is that a back pressure valve? Could that be a issue?

Thanks

Oregon97

Reaction score
Hi All,
I just replaced my motor on my jacuzzi pump. Installed a low pressure cut-off switch this go round to save the motor if my holding tank runs dry as it has in the past.

I've just got everything going tonight and can't get above 30 psi? Any suggestions on what to try next? Could it be the pump is toast? I can get to 30psi and it holds, so there are no leaks. But I can't get to the desired 60psi that I want.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, there is a brass fitting that is between the pump and the holding tank line. Is that a back pressure valve? Could that be a issue?

Thanks

No suggestions? I would like to add that while I was charging the pressure tank, I didn't see the pressure gauge on the pump change... Is that normal? I thought previous to replacing the motor that when I charged the line it also registered on the pressure gauge.

Could the impellar be broke in the pump housing? Could that cause the system to not get to 60 psi? But then why would it get to 30psi?

I'm frustrated and would appreciate any suggestions to try...

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
What was the original problem you had and. .. how did you determine that the motor was bad?

If you didn't do amp, ohms, short and continuity checks, you probably were guessing wrong.

And I'm not sure how your system is designed.... is this the submersible pump in the well or in a cistern?

Anyway, without a better description of each piece in order from the well and a better definition of parts like this brass part. Or post pictures.

It sounds as if your gauge is not working. If you shut off the pump and drain the tank, the pressure goes to zero. Then you check the air pressure in the tank, and adjust to 1-2 psi less than the turn on the pump setting. I.E. 30/50 water pressure gets 29-28 psi air pressure with the tank empty.

If all above checks ok, the pump wet end may be broken, this brass part may be blocked, or there may be something else wrong.

Oregon97

Reaction score
What was the original problem you had and. .. how did you determine that the motor was bad?
Original problem was I didn't have a built in fail safe when the holding tank ran dry.. ie no low pressure switch. I've remedied that now. Last time the tank ran dry the motor overheated and damaged the motor, but it still ran. It was on its last days so to speak. I came home from work thursday night and the motor was dead. Power at the pressure switch, motor didn't run.

If you didn't do amp, ohms, short and continuity checks, you probably were guessing wrong.

I did voltage test at the pressure switch.

And I'm not sure how your system is designed.... is this the submersible pump in the well or in a cistern?
This pump/jet is in the pump house and supplies water to the house and outside faucets. The deep well keeps the holding tank full. This is what setup I use. http://www.pumpagents.com/JacuzziPumps/1RM2-S.html
I'm leaning towards impellar isues or the pump not getting enough water now. The line coming from the holding tank to the pump has a brass stop valve or some type of valve.

Anyway, without a better description of each piece in order from the well and a better definition of parts like this brass part. Or post pictures.

It sounds as if your gauge is not working. If you shut off the pump and drain the tank, the pressure goes to zero. Then you check the air pressure in the tank, and adjust to 1-2 psi less than the turn on the pump setting. I.E. 30/50 water pressure gets 29-28 psi air pressure with the tank empty.

I'm going to try this again. I did this last night. I need to drain the tank anyway to disassemble to take a look at the pump.

If all above checks ok, the pump wet end may be broken, this brass part may be blocked, or there may be something else wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I believe you have a plugged jet. If you can trust that gauge that is. A plugged jet will keep your pump below 30 psi in almost any instance.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks