3" Drain clean out

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by KShirriff, Nov 9, 2012.

1. KShirriff

KShirriff New Member

What do you typically use when placing a clean out in main line? Is it a wye or a combination wye tee or does it matter? Also, can a san tee be used on the vertical stack for a clean out?
  2. Chad Schloss

Chad Schloss Member

is the main line vertical or horizontal? if vertical , use a cleanout tee / test tee . if horizontal, use a combo or y and 1/8 bend. some i have seen even have a wye 1/8 bend in the opposite direction to cleanout both sides.

i'm not a plumber but an avid diy'er. a plumber may come along to assist.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

A cleanout can be installed on a santee on the vertical
    A test tee is fine too.

Basically you just need access to drop the cable. Something with sweep is nice, but not necessarily a code item.

What is code, is the requirement to have a cleanout every 135 degrees of horizontal change of direction. That's a 90 plus a 45.
  4. KShirriff

KShirriff New Member

Thanks...I really appreciate the advice.