2 simple questions about my Toto

Users who are viewing this thread

I Need Help

Reaction score
Is there a way to temporarily force the water level higher in the bowl? There's a hard water ring above the water level (Sani-Gloss not doing its job?) that I want to soak with vinegar, but the water keeps self-leveling. Before I had a Toto, I would stick a plunger into the bottom to block drainage, but haven't owned a plunger since installing Totos 3 years ago.

Also, our model has only the water that's forced into the bowl at intervals around the perimeter. There are sections that never have the wash over during the flushing cycle. Is there any add-on that would give us the circular motion that rinses the entire bowl? If it makes a difference, we have the elongated bowl.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
If you have a Toto with "Double Cyclone" bowl wash (which I THINK is what you are describing - does it have 2 large jets that send water horizontally onto the bowl, right under the rim?), then something's wrong if it isn't washing the bowl properly. Is the water height in the tank where it should be? Is the flapper in the tank working OK? The whole point of "Double Cyclone" is better bowl wash.

It also seems strange to me that you have a hard water ring that isn't something you can scrub off, since you have SaniGloss. I don't know what the problem is, but seems strange to me.

You could always drain most of the bowl water (by dumping a bucket of water down the toilet rapidly), and then put paper towels on the ring, then soak them with vinegar.

I Need Help

Reaction score
Under the tank lid it says G-MAX Cyclone Flushing. The water comes in vertically in several places.

The toilets were installed while the house was undergoing renovation and I believe tile grout products were flushed down during the process before we moved in. There was a rough ring at the water level in that bathroom when we moved in. It was removable with vinegar, but I think it damaged the Sani-Gloss finish.

I'd like to be able to use one of those stamp-in things that clean continuously, but since the water only flows vertically, I don't think it would work for us.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Concrete
Mortar mix
Tile grout
Tile adhesive
Paint
Glue

None of these belong in a plumbing system or in a toilet.
I'm amazed at the tile contractors that think the waste lines in a home are a good place for concrete and glue products.
What the heck!
I've even seen them throw their broken tile down the toilet drain before it's set.
Are they that lazy that they can't carry these things outside and dispose of them properly.

If the glazing has been ruined from the tile products, then you will have to clean more often.
You may be able to use http://www.jelmar.com/CLRbath.htm

Attachments

• clr.jpg
    clr.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 420

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Sounds like you have hard water...this will happen to any toilet, regardless of the CEFIONTECT, or not. You don't want to use any abrasives. Don't know of an effective way to block the outlet to allow the level to rise. One of those in-bowl stick-ons should work...note where a stream comes out and place it there. I just brush mine maybe once every couple of weeks.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
To answer the original question, no, you can't raise the water level in the bowl. The water spot or level is determined by the weir in the trap.

I Need Help

Reaction score
Thanks, all. One last thing. When I looked in the tank for model information, I noticed the water isn't really clear. Can/should I do anything about cleaning out the tank?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You could shut off the water, drain the tank, and clean out any debris. Wipe the surface with a bleach saturated rag (try to keep it off the rubber parts), the let it fill up, then flush it a couple of times to rinse out the bleach; but, it probably doesn't matter.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks