10" rough-in adapter dimension

Users who are viewing this thread

alexx135

Reaction score
I apologize if this is a somewhat silly question. I have purchased an ergo toilet and I have requested a 10" rough-in with it. The store has provided what they said is a 10" rough in adapter, measured from the center of the drain line to the edge of the adapter(10"), the adapter fits precisely, however i can't place a toilet on top as the adapter is tight against the wall and there is about an inch that the drain connection on the bottom intrudes on the wall.. I am starting to wonder if the adapter i got is actually a 12" rough-in not 10". is a 10" rough-in adapter about 9" from the center to the edge? I couldn't find any place online where they gave precise dimensions of say 10" unifit. can somebody help out? Thank You, Alex

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Does Ergo have their own adapters?

Toto only sells the Unifit for a few models in their lineup.
I doubt it would fit other toilets.

unifit_choice.jpg

Last edited:

alexx135

Reaction score
Terry, I was told it has the same exact connection as the toto and the unifit adapter would work. it's this toilet: http://www.**********.com/product_Eago_Bathroom_Toilets_Bidets_Toilet_-_One-piece_259352.html

my question is what is the dimension of the 10" rough-in unifit from the center of the drain to the edge of the wall. I feel like i was given a 12" not a 10" although it measures 10" but there is absolutely no room between the wall and the adapter for the toilet, in other words the toilet does not fit.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The Toto Unifit adapters are designed for a few specific Toto toilets...any other use is a pot-shot - good luck if it works, but I'd doubt it. The Toto toilets designed to work with this adapter will fit if your rough-in is proper for the selected adapter. The rough-in is measured from the center of the drain to the finished wall. If you have 10", a Toto designed for this will fit. No clue on any other toilet working with it. The adapter, when installed on a proper rough-in, will have a gap behind it to the wall of probably a couple inches (it's been awhile since I've seen mine 'naked').

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If the adapter measures 10" from center to the back of it, then it CANNOT be for a 10" rough toilet. When it is installed, there has to be room between the back of it and the wall for the toilet to fit. You probably have a 12" adapter, and the person who sold it to you had absolutely no idea what you needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks