10 inch rough in choices

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by clueless2, Aug 14, 2005.

1. clueless2

clueless2 New Member

My wife and I are remodeling our small and only bathroom. We seem to be limited by the 10 inch rough in of the toilet. We selected the Toto Carlyle because of its 10 inch adapter and one piece design but were told by our contractor that he has serious doubts about its suitability for our remodeling job. Although I didn't understand his reasons completely it seemed to have something to do with the plate that the Toto attaches to the flange with. He suggested we choose a more traditional style toilet (American Standard Cadet) to ensure a good fit/connection. Obviously I don't want to install a problem, but I do want to install a toilet that will flush nicely. Any suggestions or explanations will be greatly appreciated.
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

The Toto Carlyle is a far better toilet than the cheap A/S Cadet that he's used to working with.

Let me guess, he drove up to your house in a VW bug.

Naw, maybe not, but you know what I'm getting at.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

My Carlyle works fine...much better than the one it replaced.