Search results

1. Amopower

Air entering well line

Hi all, I recently replaced my well pump (used for irrigation only), with an exact replacement. (Flint & Walling 3/4hp, jet pump). I just bought this house and apparently the previous owner had not run the irrigation for at least ten years. Since the pump looked like it was at the end of its...
  2. Amopower

GFCI for jetted tub

Since a jetted tub requires a GFCI receptacle, can I just put in a GFCI breaker instead? Wouldn't they serve the same purpose, or is it important that the GFCI be at the receptacle, closer to the actual appliance using it?
  3. Amopower

furnace not keeping up

It seems that my furnace is not kicking on when I think it should, it is colder in here than I have it set. I seem to be able to "jump start" it by turning the emergency switch off and then on. At that point, the furnace will turn on and do its thing - blow air for about 3-5 min or so, then turn...
  4. Amopower

pump for random use

Are there any pumps out there that would be good for automating their on and off with an electric timer, in particular, is there one out there that when primed one time, will be good forever after no matter how many times it is turned back off or on? Mine seems to lose its prime as soon as I...
  5. Amopower

Water lawn from lake

Do you guys think it is cheaper to pay for water to water your lawn, or cheaper to pay the electicity to run an electric pump to siphon water from a nearby lake to water the lawn? I'm not asking for any negative comments here, just the facts. I suppose I could do the math to figure it out...
  6. Amopower

New kitchen sink

I'm going to replace my double basin kitchen sink soon, and was wondering if there were any pitfalls to watch out for...I will get the same size sink length by width, but I think my sink has a depth of 6 or 7" and the one I want is 8". Will I run into plumbing problems with the disposal and...
  7. Amopower

High flow kitchen faucet

What sorts of GPM would a high flow kitchen faucet tend to output? 2.2gpm? more? I thought that mine was rather slow, but I measured it today and it was around 2 gpm or a little more. I guess I am lookign for something even higher. Any ideas? Thanks
  8. Amopower

Street elbows

Are all street elbows designed to be reducers as well? In other words, I bought a 3/4" street elbow, and noticed that the one end is actually 1/2". I suppose it would be physically impossible not to reduce at one end on a street elbow. I just didnt realize that when I got it. I'm basically...
  9. Amopower

Gas water heater lime buildup

Do gas water heaters also build up lime deposits that need drained out? I think I have only read about electric ones thta get that buildup, so I wasnt sure about the gas ones.
  10. Amopower

water heater work

If you are working on the pipes above the hot water heater, is it necessary to totally shut the water heater off, or could you put it on vacation mode until you are done? Is there any damage that could be done if say only 3/4 of the water heater is full and the heater is on?
  11. Amopower

Joining a pipe to a laundry faucet

Hi all, What would I need to join these two pieces together? This is a laundry faucet hookup. I was thinking teflon tape or pipe joint compound wouldn't be sufficient, or would it? Does the beveled inside of the laundry faucet mean anything, do I need a different adapter other than the copper...
  12. Amopower

Gluing CPVC

Does the orange CPVC cement need to be applied right after the purple primer is put on, or can the purple primer be on the pipe for a couple days or more, then put the orange cement on? The directions didnt seem to clear on whether or not the gluing had to happen immediately after the primer.
  13. Amopower

Where to tee in for water heater

Where would you guys tee into, the CPVC or the shorter copper run, coming from the water heater? I have heard several times about using repair couplings (slip couplers) which don't have the ridge on the inside, so that you can slip them down one pipe and then back up whenever there is no play in...
  14. Amopower

Slip coupler sources

Where can I buy CPVC slip couplers, I havent had any luck finding them. Thanks!
  15. Amopower

Street elbow

What's a street elbow used for? I have seen them in the stores, as well as the other kind. thanks
  16. Amopower

Laundry faucet hookup

I am going to install a hot/cold water laundry faucet in my garage, and it looks like it is a brass fixture with 1/2" brass threads. The nearest hot water line is off the hot water heater, looks like a 3/4" PVC pipe. Would you guys run copper all the way to the water heater, and then use a...
  17. Amopower

Kitchen sink pressure

Whats the best way to get more pressure out of the kitchen sink faucet, assuming the faucet itself isnt the holdup? I'm guessing it is the couple feet of 3/8 or 1/4 plastic hose that connects it to the main supply.
  18. Amopower

Install a T on existing line

If you need to install a T fitting on a straight gas pipe that is connected to elbows on either end, how do you remove that straight pipe? I'm guessing that turning the pipe counterclockwise will loosen one end, but at the same time, the other end will get tighter and tighter, and probably will...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks