Kitchen sink pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Amopower

Reaction score
Whats the best way to get more pressure out of the kitchen sink faucet, assuming the faucet itself isnt the holdup? I'm guessing it is the couple feet of 3/8 or 1/4 plastic hose that connects it to the main supply.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Make sure your shutoff valves are open all the way. Unscrew the faucet aerator and clean it or replace it if it's restricting the flow. Other than that, you're limited by your house pressure.

Amopower

Reaction score
When I had my home inspection done, I asked the guy where the pressure valve was, and he said they dont have those in Virginia. You get whatever pressure the water company gives you. I'm not sure if I can control the pressure coming into the house then. If not, then I suppose there's not much I can do.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Many places use a reduction valve to protect the house if the supply pressure is high, but there isn't an ecconomical way to boost the pressure. You can buy a water pressure gauge for less than $10 at one of the big box stores or a good hardware or plumbing store that screws onto a hose connection. Check to see what pressure you have.

If the pressure is actually good, your supply line may be too small or it could be corroded if it is galvanized pipe.

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
AMO,

I'm in No.Va. and YES we have LOTS of Pressure Reducing Valves. Is it just your kitchen faucet or is the low pressure affecting ALL your fixtures ?

Cal

Amopower

Reaction score
I suspected the guy was just saying that, probably because he didnt know what I was talking about, plus the fact that this house didnt have one.
The shower seems pretty decent, so I think it is just the sink.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks