Search results

1. looking

Adding a Drain for Utility Sink

I'm trying to figure out how to add a drain for a utility sink to the existing setup shown in the picture. Some notes regarding the picture. 1. That's the main stack is in the left. 2. The current washer drain/vent along the back wall is 30" off the floor. 3. The center of the cleanout on the...
  2. looking

Bathroom Roof Vent Style

I see that there are two different styles of roof vent caps to vent the exhaust from a bathroom fan to. The gooseneck and the slant-back. This would be going up on a typical sloped roof in New England. Both would have a louver to prevent a backdraft. What are thoughts of one vs the other...
  3. looking

Centering a Shower Valve

Should a shower valve/diverter/head be centered: A. Between the corner and end of the tiled wall OR B. Between the corner and where the glass shower wall/door will be? The second one is harder since I don't know exactly where the glass will be. I'm guessing centered on the curb. Thanks
  4. looking

Which One Piece Toilet??

I'm looking for a one piece, elongated, comfort height toilet. From what I've been reading here and other sites the TOTO seem to be the most favored. There seems to be 3 Toto's that fit this criteria. UltraMax® II MS604114CEFG at 1.28GPF Just Watersense certified so MAP=>500...
  5. looking

Move shower drain to other side of joist. Does it meet code?

I took out a one piece shower stall and to center the drain I have to move it to the other side of a joist, about 8 inches away. Currently the drain runs between the joists. as show below I plan to take the p-trap and move it over 1 bay, make a hole in the joist (understanding the rules about...