Search results

1. newowner

Toto was grouted to my tile-cover grout with Loctite Polyseamseal or silicone?

I am in the middle of another bathroom remodel, and I had planned for my Toto Drake to be reinstalled after the floor was tiled and then thought I would have the base caulked with Loctite Polyseamseal 2 in 1 Tub and Tile. Well, when I asked the tiler about putting the Polyseamseal around the...
  2. newowner

Please share if your trim pieces have silicone, Polyseamseal, or nothing?

2 years ago the contractor who remodeled our master bath put Loctite Polyseamseal (a siliconized acrylic caulk) around the trim piece that covers the shower diverter (but left the little whole at the bottom open) and around the trim piece that covers where the shower arm meets the wall. Now we...
  3. newowner

Which Kohler Archer drain do you prefer?

I was planning on purchasing a 60" x 30" Kohler Archer tub (K1946-LA-O). There are two options for the slotted overflow bath drain, brass (K7271) or PVC (K7272). Which drain do you prefer and why? The owner of the remodel business I am going to use said he prefers PVC, but his construction...
  4. newowner

Can I put an EcoDrake tank on top of Drake Bowl?

Tonight my husband thinks he cracked the tank of our Drake (1.6 gpf, standard height, elongated sanigloss bowl). The tank has been feeling a bit wobbly when I flush it. So he tightened the bolts attaching the tank to the bowl and now it leaks. He can't actually see a crack but he sees...
  5. newowner

Is a slip on tub spout better than a threaded one?

I currently have a slip on tub spout but I am changing all of my fixtures to brushed nickel. Is the slip on spout style the most leakproof?
  6. newowner

Do you like the Sioux Chief Smart Spout?

It used to be called the Smart Tug Tub Spout. It is a slip on Tub spout that has a plastic disc that it is supposed to eliminate the need to caulk around the spout where it meets the wall. The description makes it sound like it is an all-metal tub spout. Has anyone used this before?
  7. newowner

What seat do you have on your Eco Drake/Drake/Drake II?

I have 2 older Drakes with the SS114 seat that is sloped. I am getting an Eco Drake, elongated bowl, for my third bathroom but I am thinking of using a different seat for this one because the SS114 doesn't have an easy clean feature. (I can't believe TOTO doesn't have that). I want to...
  8. newowner

Universal height vs. regular height TOTO?

Is there a general height at which people prefer the universal height over the regular height TOTOs? (I know shorter or longer legs for one's height could effect this.) Or is it less dependent on the person's height and more dependent on the person getting older and weaker?
  9. newowner

Is the E Max flush louder than the G Max flush?

I am wondering if the 1.28 gpf Eco Drake's E Max flush is louder than the 1.6 gpf Drake's flush? TIA
  10. newowner

Would you recommend plumbing as a career?

Would you encourage your son to be a plumber? Would you encourage your daughter? Why or why not?
  11. newowner

Plumbing on wall not centered on sink

I specifically told the plumber that we had a 36" vanity and that I wanted the sink center-mounted. The vanity was on-site. We lengthened the wall and the wall was down to studs only. He was supposed to extend the current plumbing over to where the vanity would be placed. Well, he has the...
  12. newowner

1.28 gpf Drake II vs. 1.6 gpf Drake

We have (2) 1.6 gpf Drakes and (1) 1.6 gpf American Standard unknown model. The American Standard toilet is a round bowl and actually rarely clogs but I was considering replacing it because we are remodeling that bathroom and I thought it would be nice to have an elongated toilet. Plus it has...
  13. newowner

Why does my cold water turn warm? Delta Shower Valve

I am in the middle of a master bath remodel. Ever since the plumber came out and extended my pipes so that my sink could be shifted over about 2 feet, whenever we turn on the cold water in our other faucets it will fluctuate between cold and warm water. The master bath plumbing is not hooked...
  14. newowner

Tub spout that has no plastic?

I was going to replace my plumbing with the Delta Ara style. I am not happy with how lightweight and flimsy the tub spout is. I have no idea what type of metal this is and I don't like how I see plastic inside. Does anyone make a tub spout (preferably in brushed nickel) that is actually metal...
  15. newowner

Bathroom exhaust fan ducting

Our bathroom exhaust fan died. It is vented out our roof with 3 " rigid ducting that comes out the top of the fan, not the side of the fan, and then makes a diagonal up to my roof. I bought this expensive quiet Panasonic fan, model FV11VF2, because it was supposed to be quiet and because it is...
  16. newowner

Silestone install problem/question

After waiting 24 hours for the adhesive to cure after our Silestone countertop install we had our plumbing done and our slide-in range lowered. Upon lowering the range, it became noticeable that our overhangs are off (slide-in ranges are supposed to be flush with the overhang with the sides of...
  17. newowner

Food Disposer Suggestions

Are there any real differences in food disposal brands? The box stores sell Insinkerator Badger 3/4, 1/2 and 1/3 hp ones with one stage grinding as well as Insinkerator "quiet" models that have 2 stage grinding. The appliance store where I am buying new appliances sells Kitchenaid disposals...
  18. newowner

Countertop support options

We are remodeling our kitchen and creating a breakfast bar adjacent to a peninsula. The back side of the peninsula will butt up next to a 80" long, 4 1/2" wide, around 42" high knee wall. A 18 " wide 84" long silestone countertop will be put on the knee wall, with 2" of it overhanging the...
  19. newowner

How can you tell if a wall is load-bearing?

We might remodel our kitchen and there is a wall 30" long by 4 3/4" wide that is in our kitchen that gives the effect of separation between the part of the kitchen that has the cabinets and appliances and the part that a lot of people who own the same style home as us use as a family room. The...
  20. newowner

Venting bath fan out soffit vs. side vs. roof

O.K, I posted this question on the shower/bath forum and I have gotten very helpful responses, but since in new home construction it is the HVAC people who handle all the venting, I thought I'd run this by you and see what you thought. I live in central Maryland in a house built in 1981. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks