What seat do you have on your Eco Drake/Drake/Drake II?

Users who are viewing this thread

newowner

Homeowner
Reaction score
I have 2 older Drakes with the SS114 seat that is sloped. I am getting an Eco Drake, elongated bowl, for my third bathroom but I am thinking of using a different seat for this one because the SS114 doesn't have an easy clean feature. (I can't believe TOTO doesn't have that). I want to avoid an overhang, though, so is there any seat you use that doesn't overhang? I would like a plastic, soft close, easy clean seat that does NOT have an anti-bacterial treatment. My initial Internet checks show a Bemis slow close that is 18 3/4" long versus the SS114 that is 18 1/2" long. Is 1/4" overhang unstable because it doesn't get support from the toilet rim? And if it is still stable, is it unsightly to see this overhang?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
We have the SS114 on one toilet and the Mayfair Slow Close Molded Wood Toilet Seat with Lift Off Hinges on the other 6. (Mayfair is made by Bemis.) I like the attachment method on those seats and do like the easy-clean hinges. I'm cool with the hard wood surface, but I know from this forum that many don't like it. I also like the SS114 very much.

The overhang is irrelevant to stability; the toilet seat has spacers which touch the bowl well behind the front lip. I don't even notice its appearance, much less find it unsightly, but your mileage may vary.

No question, though, that the SS114 is a really nice seat, a different quality grade from the Mayfair. However, the Mayfairs are very easy to lift off to clean.

newowner

Homeowner
Reaction score
We have the SS114 on one toilet and the Mayfair Slow Close Molded Wood Toilet Seat with Lift Off Hinges on the other 6. (Mayfair is made by Bemis.) I like the attachment method on those seats and do like the easy-clean hinges. I'm cool with the hard wood surface, but I know from this forum that many don't like it. I also like the SS114 very much.

The overhang is irrelevant to stability; the toilet seat has spacers which touch the bowl well behind the front lip. I don't even notice its appearance, much less find it unsightly, but your mileage may vary.

No question, though, that the SS114 is a really nice seat, a different quality grade from the Mayfair. However, the Mayfairs are very easy to lift off to clean.
wjcandee, do your Mayfair seats have the Sta-Tite Fastening System and if so, do you like it? When you twist the plastic hinges to unlock for cleaning have they ever broken off?

Wallijonn

Reaction score
ADA or non-ADA ECO Drake?

For my ADA Drake I installed the Kohler Brevia Q2 Advantage K-4774-0 quick release seat. I tried a Bemis that was listed as being 18.5" long but which over hung 1/4" in the front. I took it back. The Kohler seat can be installed in two different positions and the overhang is about 1/16" in the front and about 1/8" at the 9 and 3 o'clock positions.

My non-ADA Drake has the Toto SS154. 1/16" overhang in the front and 1/4" overhang at the 7:30 and 4:30 o'clock positions.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Yeah it has the Sta-Tite fasteners and the Easy Clean And Change hinges. Like them both a lot. The Sta-Tite is in my mind an excellent system. So easy to install and it really doesn't move unless you totally abuse it. Never snapped a hinge. You do have to lift absolutely straight up so it comes off most easily.

JMac

Reaction score
I have the Bemis soft close seat with ez-removal (don't remember the technical name for it, but it may be Sta-Tite) hinges. On mine, what is normally the hinge cover pops up and that unlocks the hinge from the bolts and allows the seat and cover to be removed as a unit. It does overhang a little on the front, but as was mentioned that does not affect stability at all... and to me the look is fine.
On thing I discovered in my research earlier is that the Drake/Eco-Drake and the Drake II do have slightly different bowl shapes/sizes. They both are listed as being 18.5" from the bolt holes to the front of the bowl, but the Drake is listed as being 14" at the widest and the Drake II is listed as being 15" at the widest part of the bowl.

newowner

Homeowner
Reaction score
wjcandee, thanks for pointing out where the spacers touch. The Sta-Tite Fastening System sounds great.

Wallijonn, I just bought the nonADA Eco Drake.

That is helpful information about the width difference, JMac.

Exclusive to the orange store is a Bemis Just Lift seat where you just have to lift your lid and seat up and then pull up and they stay suspended above the rim, instead of having to lift the seat off and set it down on the floor. But like wjcandee said about the Mayfair, there is a different quality grade between the Just Lift seat and the SS114. The SS114 seems much more substantial. I wish there was a seat that could combine the Bemis features with the Toto quality feel.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks