Is the E Max flush louder than the G Max flush?

Users who are viewing this thread

newowner

Homeowner
Reaction score
I am wondering if the 1.28 gpf Eco Drake's E Max flush is louder than the 1.6 gpf Drake's flush? TIA

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Pretty much exactly the same. The duration of the flush (by that I mean the time the flush valve stays open) is maybe a half-second shorter on the 1.28, and the duration of the refill is several seconds shorter on the 1.28. Otherwise, it's exactly the same toilet, just with different settings.

Wallijonn

Reaction score
It may depend on the room acoustics and whether or not it is a slow close seat and whether you flush with the lid closed or open on a non-soft-close seat. Mine are close in volume but differ in timbre, one sounds bassier (flush with lid closed) and the other sounds tinnier (flushed while soft close seat is closing).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks