Search results

1. petepdx

Size of well seal ?

Thanks just wanted to make sure. The reason for the question is the current seal's electrical hole was 'sealed' with cement along with the vent hole. I am soon going to need to shock the well and if I need to raise the whole mess up a few inches I figured I'd replace the seal. Reach4 your...
  2. petepdx

Size of well seal ?

The diameter of the well seal on my well is approx 6.665" (6-11/16"). The OD of the pipe is just a hair smaller. What "size" is it ? Measured by taking the circumference of the seal since there is a pipe in the way :) -pete
  3. petepdx

Park quick disconnect fittings

Was just thinking of using them at the tank head and the Fleck. Outside of that a strong believer in unions, specially if the design is PVC based. One issue is watching out for places solids can get trapped but not really an issue in this use. Thanks -pete
  4. petepdx

Park quick disconnect fittings

I've getting close to start putting together all the parts for my little project. Inside will be a 'place holder' for a CSV (couple unions spaced for a future CSV1A, pressure tank, air/water mix tank, and an iron removal Fleck/tank. Except for the 1" PE pipe from the well that is so nicely...
  5. petepdx

Water (well) test results

Poorwill> There is no indication of depth, and don't know how I would get that information. .... I'm curious, In Oregon one can go online and get a scanned copy of just about any well log. Is this not that common ? http://apps.wrd.state.or.us/apps/gw/well_log/ It is a bit hard at time to find...
  6. petepdx

Removing concrete from well seal

Well is dug to 275 feet, 1" galvanized, comes to 700 lbs ?
  7. petepdx

Grade is approx the top of the rectangular box, or a couple inches down from the top. The current level is from the effect of a couple shovels
  8. petepdx

Changing well seals.

Wish I could at this time. My goal for now is to get potable and 'clear' water. When the property goes on the market in 2016/7 I will look at a new well. This year is a new Fleck etc. to dispose of the iron. -pete
  9. petepdx

Here's where I'm at http://goo.gl/fhiykD The PE pipe from the well into the garage is only a few inches below grade, it does freeze, only a few months ago it dropped to below 0F for one night. Sadly I've found out a few things where the property is. The local "pump man" felt that a job like...
  10. petepdx

Changing well seals.

I'm putting out some calls Monday. At least I've made it easier to get to. Going to see about what it would take to have a section of casing added. http://goo.gl/fhiykD My "local guy" is the outfit that did this "quality work". The person(s) who did the work may no longer be around but they...
  11. petepdx

Changing well seals.

The top of my well pipe is a few inches below grade. Eventually I will consider having a section of pipe welded on to raise things up, and change to a pitless fitting. I'm going to need to sterilize the well soon. The current setup does not give me access. The pipe is 6" steel, and the seal...
  12. petepdx

Help with hach 5B test

If you are not in a rush, go to that big auction/junk site and search for "Digital Jewelry Scale", But it Now. You can get one out of CN for < $10. Or take a small container (old pill bottle?) and ask a local jeweler to measure it for you. -pete
  13. petepdx

Photo's should now be public the product I used has a MSDS that is OK, but I agree, time to dig out the chisels. Basically it looks like the well installer made a pad around the well pipe and then "sealed" everything up with what concrete he had left over, things like rather then using a wire...
  14. petepdx

A upcoming part of my saga requires the well to be 'shocked' This is a property and its well that has not occupied for close to 15 years. One would not think that this would be a hassle but the previous installer in his wisdom "sealed" his work by slapping left over concrete all over the well...
  15. petepdx

Installing an underground pressure tank

Wont get into the tank in vault discussion but the classic Square-D switch and all the clones can be replaced with a water tight pressure switch but your not talking $25 anymore. I come from a industrial process background and the way it is done there is to use pressure transmitter (sensor...
  16. petepdx

Looking for fitting

I want to use the fill port on a tank head, and would like to get a couple of the plugs. It looks to be 1-3/4" but I can't identify the threads http://goo.gl/Sj18bP -pete
  17. petepdx

Well air injection 1" waterite vs mazzei

I've decided to inject air via a pump. I was able to pick up a small Gast pump and am in the process of adding a 2nd tank to act as the air/water mix and holding tank. -pete
  18. petepdx

Can someone identify this fitting & discount place to get new manifold

Well as usual ... search up to 1 hour via Google, find nothing, post on Terry Love, do another Google search and less then 2 minutes later http://www.thepurchaseadvantage.com/page/TPA/CTGY/park_sdi_fittings
  19. petepdx

Can someone identify this fitting & discount place to get new manifold

I'm looking at using a used Pentair fibreglass tank as a air/water reservoir for a Iron removal setup. The tank has a 4.5" manifold with two fittings I can't identify that have been added to the 1" NPT openings. A few pictures http://goo.gl/SxFjVm Not sure if they will come out easily, they...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks