Search results

1. JeffH

Toilet to fit under 30 inch banjo countertop..

Much Thank! I figured that the Supreme would be my best bet. Thanks for the input.
  2. JeffH

Toilet to fit under 30 inch banjo countertop..

Hey folks, Is the Toto supreme my only choice here? 1) Must fit under 30 inch banjo countertop. 2) ADA height seat. 3) Like to stay away from Kohler "lowboy" type toilets if possible :) Thanks in advance! Supreme II, ADA Top of tank is 25-9/16"
  3. JeffH

Sterling tank to bowl kit....where to buy

Having trouble finding the kit locally. Will the Kohler (triangle type) kit work? Thanks.
  4. JeffH

Help! Need large trapway, then get a Caroma

Have a Customer that has some intestinal issues and has rather large dia movements, hence constant clogging of toilet. Want to replace his current 20 year old American Standard w/ something that can best handle this condition. Actually, after seeing one of his beauties stuck in the bowl, my...
  5. JeffH

Bathroom Sink Drain (Broken from wall to Ground)

Tough one I've demo'd a few of these. If you are a DIY'r and feel confident, then the fix is difficult, but not impossible. If not, hire a respected plumber. - Where the leak is showing isn't always where the actual leak is. Water tends to find the path of least resistance and follows the...
  6. JeffH

Help ID toilet, Niagara?

Thank folks! An engineering marvel.
  7. JeffH

Help ID toilet, Niagara?

Plumber buddy of mine called me to ID a toilet. Inside the tank, the water fills up a tray just below the lid. The lid tilts and dumps water into the tank, which in turn fills the bowl. There is no company manufacturer name that he could see. Personally, I haven't encountered such a beast. Hope...
  8. JeffH

Toilet Supply Hose leaks after showering

Hmmm That's a tough one, It could have something to due to fluxuation in pressure at that connection. When you run the shower pressure is relieved at the toilet. Some so so connections possibly could be sensitive to it. When you say "supply tube", do you mean copper tube or flexible supply...
  9. JeffH

Epoxy lining of H20 copper pipes??

Had a appointment with a Customer that just happened to have a suspected slab leak. She had called a company Ace Duraflo for an in house estimate. The salesman was there while I was working, so I got to hear a little of the pitch. It sounded pretty intriguing and theoretically perfect. Fix the...
  10. JeffH

American Standard w/ Sloan Flushmate issue

Have an American Standard 4098 with Sloan power assist that makes a whistling noise after flushing. This whistle lasts for up to 45 seconds. It didn't do this when new and the toiltet is about 9 months old. How do I troubleshoot this issue? Your help is appreciated!
  11. JeffH

Need advice on a tool

One of these http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_00977178000P?vName=Tools&cName=HandTools,GeneralPurpose&sName=Plumbing%20Tools&psid=SHOPPING01&sid=IDx20070921x00003d
  12. JeffH

Leak somewhere between kitchen and bath..help!

To the disposal but I'll double check that. This is not for my own residence. I'm doing a favor for a neighbor.
  13. JeffH

Leak somewhere between kitchen and bath..help!

Running the kitchen H2O causes water to come up either from the floor or from under/behind the kitchen cabinets and possible leaching under the tile (hard to tell). Sink backs up to outside wall and there is a bathroom along the same wall approx 8 feet away. I ran a mini camera down, but because...
  14. JeffH

Bathroom replumbed - little hot water in sink

very common to have debris dislodged in pipe when repiping. Lines should be bled out before installing to fixtures. Remove the aereator and clean if needed. If that doesn't help, turn the hot water off for that fixture, remove the supply line from the fixture, point supply line in a bucket and...
  15. JeffH

Insurance provider in CA?

Anybody happy with their insurance company? I'm looking for liability insurance, but a little overwhelmed by the number of companies out there and the tons of sales literature they are sending me.
  16. JeffH

Chipping/Demolition hammer recommendations

Looking for a good chipping & demolition hammer for light to medium concrete removal or bathroom remodels and internal pipe repair/replacement. Portability is a big issue and or course working in tighter spaces. Also need it for my current home project which is removing about 800 sq ft of tile...
  17. JeffH

cutting pipe

Take your time... #1 - Wear safety glasses #2 - Practice on scrap pieces. #3 - Use the right size/type blade for the job. #4 - The shoe is meant to be a guide for leveling and stability. Hold the shoe tight to the pipe. Lock your arm against your body for stability. When you start to cut...
  18. JeffH

Help identifying faucet

I think it's a Grohe... possibly the Classic line, but I can't find a picture of it in white on the web. The general design, including the handles seem like Grohe. Hmmm, the quest continues....
  19. JeffH

Help identifying faucet

Hello all and joyous holiday's. from these attached photo's. They're both the same brand, just different colors. Thanks for your help!
  20. JeffH

I passed my C36 today!

And I have to thank you folks. I've used the search function many times looking up subject matter that I wanted to understand better during my studying. It's amazing the wealth of knoweldge here and the generosity in which it's shared. I've been doing drain cleaning and small repair for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks