Search results

1. John7

Dielectrics on new HWT

I just bought a new electric hot water tank. It came with pre-installed dielectric (DE) steel nipple on the hot outlet. This unit has the cold inlet at the bottom and uses a brass combination tee and drain valve. There is no dielectric provision here. Also the brass temperature relief valve is...
  2. John7

HWT seismic straps

I am about to install a 60 gallon electric HWT and need straps. The only ones at the big box store are very crude. I have a narrow mechanical room with equipment at the back that needs periodic maintenance and i don't want sharp metal edges sticking out of the front of the HWT. Also, the...
  3. John7

Thermostatic mixing valve for water heater

I was looking into adding a thermostatic mixing valve for safety, while setting the tank to 140F. Seems the mixing valve would be a major flow restrictor. The check valves wont flow like the 3/4" plumbing connected to them. I have experience with Watts and also recently looked at Honeywell. On...
  4. John7

Roman tub filler trims for Kohler K-300-K rough-in?

We have the Kohler K-300-K roman tub filler rough-in, which does not have a spray hose. Kohler's website doesn't provide a way of searching what trims fit this valve. Anyone have any advice on trims for this valve or how to obtain a list of matching trims? (I have emailed Kohler twice now but no...
  5. John7

Delta 13, 14, 17 - what's the diff?

I am building my own home and have four Delta multichoice roughs for two showers, a tub, and a combination tub & shower. It seems like not all trims are available in all 13, 14, 17 series valves. So what essentially is the difference between 13, 14 and 17 series valves and which ones are best...
  6. John7

hole size for typical single hole faucet?

Getting bathroom vanity quartz done up and want to have the faucet hole drilled out by them. Are these things standardized or does every faucet vary? (Can't imagine that but you never know...) Thanks. John
  7. John7

Toto - need help narrowing down the field

Ok, so some post installation observations: 1. Flushing seems to only use about 1/3 of the tank of water. Is the flapper supposed to "float" and the tank completely drain or is that it? (I can hold the level and get a full tank flush if I really wanted to). 2. Careful assembly of the tank to the...
  8. John7

Thank you Terry. I arrived at the same conclusion, only the original Drake. John
  9. John7

yes, looking for "regular height seat". Thanks, John.
  10. John7

Hi We have a house under construction and will eventually need 3 toilets. I'd like to get one installed soon! Within the Toto line we are looking for the following features: - 14-15" height (not newer "tall" height). - Elongated bowl. - White (or very near white). - CEFIONTECT. - Matching...
  11. John7

Roman tub filler recommendations

Terry Yes, that's the one I saw pin hole leaking in videos but could just be over bent (metal fatigue) by the installer. Do you have any experience with the rigid 10" Delta #RP23601? Might be easier for me to sleep with that one. I am planning on having an access door (or framed for cut...
  12. John7

Roman tub filler recommendations

Hi Roughing in new construction for drop-in tub with deck mounted tub filler. We are looking for a high flow unit without spray hose. The Delta R2707 looked good until I saw videos of the corrugated copper tubes with pin hole leaks. I don't know if these were over-bent by the installer or a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks