Delta 13, 14, 17 - what's the diff?

Users who are viewing this thread

John7

Reaction score
I am building my own home and have four Delta multichoice roughs for two showers, a tub, and a combination tub & shower.

It seems like not all trims are available in all 13, 14, 17 series valves.

So what essentially is the difference between 13, 14 and 17 series valves and which ones are best suited for the three different applications I have?

Thanks

John

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
WE have no idea what the "three applications" will be. I do not knew what the 13 series is, but with the 14 series the handle just controls the temperature the volume is ALWAYS at the maximum. The 1700 series uses one lever to control the volume and a separate dial for the temperature, meaning that you can have the temperature "preset" even if you adjust the volume from off to full.

Last edited by a moderator:

NickK

Reaction score
When it comes to 13 and 14 series there is basically no difference. These numbers refer to the cartridge included with the trim kit. The 13 and 14 series cartridges are both temperature and pressure balanced. This means as you rotate the handle, the water turns on and quickly reaches its preset maximum volume. As you continue to rotate the handle the water temperature increases. The 17 and 17T series Delta Shower faucets have separate temperature and volume controls. Where people often get confused is not understanding how 17 and 17T are difference. Here's a comprehensive guide to the difference between Delta 17 and 17T series showers

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks