Search results

1. MK_Chicago

PEX Rookie Needing Some Help

Thank you! This is very helpful information! Thanks
  2. MK_Chicago

Unfortunately the new vanity won’t work with the current positions. It has an open bottom and the drain would show. I’d also have to cut out the back of the vanity pretty significantly for the supply lines. My only real option is to move everything up. I was thinking to use the Sharkbites as...
  3. MK_Chicago

Hi All, We purchased a new bathroom vanity that is taller and requires the supply lines be raised up ~9" and the drain about 5". I believe I am good on the drain (correct my plan below if anything seems incorrect) but I am a rookie with the PEX and not quite sure how to handle the supply lines...
  4. MK_Chicago

Cold Basement - Potentially air flow issue?

Hi Dana, Thanks for taking the time to provide so much information. I will definitely review all the resources you sent over. I will also try to answer as many of the questions that were asked in the reply if I can. My assumption is that since the house is newer that it does comply with any...
  5. MK_Chicago

Cold Basement - Potentially air flow issue?

Hi Everyone, Hoping to get some good advice or recommendations on this forum. I have expertise in HVAC so any real advice I can get would be helpful. Background Our house was built 3 years ago and we moved in 1 year ago this week. The home has a finished basement. In January we had a...
  6. MK_Chicago

Switch Wiring - 3 way?

Sorry for the poor quality video but hopefully it helps. I am trying to change out a switch (for more modern one) that I thought was a 3 way but am noticing some unusual wiring. The existing switch has three screws with two black wires and one white wire connecting to them. One of the black...
  7. MK_Chicago

Shower Water Pressure

Hi Guys - I just had a new shower panel installed and am trying to figure out how to improve the water pressure. The pressure is great at a mid-level temperature (90-95 degrees), but at either higher or lower temps, the pressure drops off. In the video, you can see the pressure goes up...
  8. MK_Chicago

Main valve humming

Nevermind. Found a good video Thanks!
  9. MK_Chicago

Main valve humming

Thanks - can you explain how?
  10. MK_Chicago

Main valve humming

Hi All, I am getting a loud hissing/humming noise from a valve (?) where water comes into my house. It is located on the wall in my basement. It seems to make the noise when multiple sources of water are on such as a toilet filling up and the kitchen sink is filling up. Is there some type of...
  11. MK_Chicago

Vanity Lighting Issue

Working now. It seems like it was a long lead that Was making contact with the ground wire. Thanks for the help everyone
  12. MK_Chicago

Vanity Lighting Issue

Thanks everyone for the feedback and confirming my wiring logic appears correct. My apologies for any incorrect terminology. I'll take a look in the box to see if the clamps are too tight and check the leads. As far as what were the other changes made: There was originally a single vanity...
  13. MK_Chicago

Vanity Lighting Issue

I am trying to wire up two new vanity lights in my guest bathroom. They should work off a single switch. Everything seems to check out when using a tester (hot wires light up in both boxes when flipping switch) however, when I tried to connect the fixtures (with a single 60w bulb in it) and flip...
  14. MK_Chicago

Doorbell Wiring

Reach4 - Redid the wiring according to your diagram, splicing away from terminals and everything works! Thanks so much
  15. MK_Chicago

Doorbell Wiring

Thanks Reach4. It does have three terminals (front door button, back door button, transformer) so I am assuming I just don't use the back door one. Thanks again
  16. MK_Chicago

Doorbell Wiring

I added a diagram.
  17. MK_Chicago

Doorbell Wiring

Hi Guys, Could use some help replacing two doorbell chimes because I am not understanding how the existing setup lines up with a new doorbell wiring requirements. I have a single doorbell (front door) and two chimes, one located on each of the first and second floors. I attached a diagram. The...
  18. MK_Chicago

Capping Microwave Vent

I am not sure if this really falls under HVAC but I am hoping someone might have some insight. I am doing a bathroom renovation. As part of it, we are relocating the microwave. The current microwave vents to the outside (see pictures). I need to cap this now. Is there some kind of a cap for...
  19. MK_Chicago

Tub Spout Adapter

Thanks Terry! Unfortunately the screw won't work with my spout and the adapter which is another reason why I don't think it is a universal adapter as they claim. I'll give the soldering a try. Thanks Mike
  20. MK_Chicago

Tub Spout Adapter

Hi guys, I recently renovated my bathroom and am struggling with the final piece, connecting the tub spout. The spout is part of a Pfister Selia tub and shower combo. When the plumber was here to do the rough in, I was unaware that the pipe for the tub spout needed to be threaded in order to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks