Tub Spout Adapter

Users who are viewing this thread

MK_Chicago

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I recently renovated my bathroom and am struggling with the final piece, connecting the tub spout. The spout is part of a Pfister Selia tub and shower combo. When the plumber was here to do the rough in, I was unaware that the pipe for the tub spout needed to be threaded in order to connect it. It is currently just a half inch copper pipe. I contacted Pfister and they sent a plastic adapter that does not appear to fit well at all (the plastic will not allow the spout to sit tightly against the wall).

I am thinking my best bet is to add threads to the copper pipe but I want to make sure I am getting the proper part. I am assuming I need to solder on the following part but would love someone to confirm before I go too far down the wrong road and make a mistake.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/NIBCO-1-2-in-Copper-C-x-MPT-Adapter-C604/100342945

Attachments

• IMG_0677[1].JPG
    IMG_0677[1].JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 889
  • IMG_0676[1].JPG
    IMG_0676[1].JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_0675[1].JPG
    IMG_0675[1].JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,178

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can sweat the 1/2" male adapter to the end of the copper pipe.
You will need to measure to get the correct length on it. I normally run it long, set the male adapter by finger (hand) into the spout, take my measurement, and then cut off that amount. Remove the male adapter from the spout and solder to the end of the cut pipe.
Tape and screw on the spout.

I've also used the plastic adapter before with an Allen screw.

delta-lahara-07.jpg

This Delta adapter can also be soldered onto 1/2" copper pipe. This one was installed on a brass nipple.

delta-lahara-04.jpg

Last edited:

MK_Chicago

Reaction score
Thanks Terry! Unfortunately the screw won't work with my spout and the adapter which is another reason why I don't think it is a universal adapter as they claim. I'll give the soldering a try.

Thanks
Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks