Search results

1. M

Leaking Threads using Teflon Tape

Yes, I am very pleased with the performance of the unit, however I am getting silt up from my well that is still getting through the 140 mesh filter, but the backwashing/self cleaning part works very well.
  2. M

Leaking Threads using Teflon Tape

Recently installes a Lako's Twist to Clean filter between my preasure tank and water softner. It was reccomended to me on this site to reinstall using unions on each side of the filter so that I could remove the entire unit in order to replace the internal filter. The Lako's has 1.5 inch male...
  3. M

Advice on Whole House Sand and Sediment Filters

I recently, 9/3/13 posted a question about installing a Lakos Twist to Clean filter and recieved exactly the information I was looking for from Wet - Boots. Found the fittings at a local Lowes. The water softener company that we rent from just changed out our older Softner. It had quite a bit of...
  4. M

Installing a Lako's Twist to Clean Filter

Needing some advice on installing this correctly this time. I installed the 1.5 inch Twist to Clean using teflon tape and PVC pipe, which I mistakenly solidly glued into place. Problem number one is I have a replacement unit coming under a warranty issue. On one side of the filter at the first...
  5. M

Sand Problem In Water, Submersible Well

Well is approx 160 ft deep, home is about 1960 construction. We have a water softner indide garage with an oder control/iron canister filter after softner. I am taking the blue canister filter off and changing filter about every two days. Sometimes the sand is worse than other days. It has been...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks