Sand Problem In Water, Submersible Well

Users who are viewing this thread

mtyakker

Reaction score
Well is approx 160 ft deep, home is about 1960 construction. We have a water softner indide garage with an oder control/iron canister filter after softner. I am taking the blue canister filter off and changing filter about every two days. Sometimes the sand is worse than other days. It has been recommended that we install a sand and sediment filter before the water softner. I have been looking at the one's online that do not require filter replacement, they have a drain at the bottom. Was looking for any input,advice or experiences with the one's under one hundred dollars. I have seen at least three different brands. Any input would be greatly appreciated .

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
The problem with a filter in the house is it does absolutely nothing to keep the sand out of the pump. Sand going through the pump will eat up the pump pretty quickly.

I like the Lakos separator that installs over the pump itself, pretty pricey but my customers are very happy with them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks