Search results

1. ShockHazard

Random electrical wiring questions

1. Is it okay to have one half of an outlet it's own circuit, such as for an air conditioner? (yes, I broke off the tabs) 2. Can I have multiple wires in a strain relief? 3. How about a staple? 4. Should junction boxes be grounded? 5. Is there any disadvantage to using breakers that are two...
  2. ShockHazard

wiring a hot tub

60 amp GFCI breaker, 4 wire Disconnect outside on the house wall. 1) Can I legitamatly put a 120 outlet near this disconnect, powered by one of the two leads coming from the GFCI? 2) Does this outlet need to be, itself a GFCI? 3) Should the disconnect be a breaker? 4) If so, what...
  3. ShockHazard

New electrical work question

Im sure there is a device for this. Say for example, you wanted to add an oultet in a wall. Is there not a sensor you could drop in the wall, which you would find with a detecting device from the basement so you could drill the hole through the floor? If not, what is the old school method for...
  4. ShockHazard

Expansion tank on electric water heater?

Ran into a basic electric water heater system, built in the last decade, with a boiler sized expansion tank on the hot side. Any idea why? The only guess I have is the heater being on a timer or such, where it goes from stone cold to hot, but even that seems unneccesary. I'd have to...
  5. ShockHazard

Neutral

Installed a potters kiln today, 10.5kw, but only split phased (220v). I have a red and black hot, green ground, but being the device doesn't receive a neutral, should I disregard it or match it to the ground? What is the general rule of neutral coming in contract with ground? Why would...
  6. ShockHazard

Buying straight pex inline

Does anyone know where to buy straight sections of PEX online, particularly the orange hydronic? My plumbing supply stores don't sell the orange (even in coils) and the coiled Home Depot stuff is wound up like an eight day alarm clock. Even 5 foot lengths would be good. Pushing curved pipe...
  7. ShockHazard

Circulator pump location

The boiler I'm working on has the circulator on the outlet of the boiler, essentially pushing the water through the heaters rather than pulling it. Is this ever legit? I've never seen it this way, but don't know why not.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks