Search results

1. ghatfuswow

Sudden onset of dripping from pressure relief valve pipe

After reading your post I got curious. I ran the shower for ~10 minutes and then after I turned it off, I watched the pressure gauge and relief valve drain pipe. After about 25 minutes, it did start dripping quite profusely. I noticed there was no change on the pressure reading and the temp of...
  2. ghatfuswow

I got a pressure gauge and tried it at the water heater drain and it gave me a reading of around 90 PSI. I also got a water temp of 150F so it seems neither pressure or heat are an issue. I then kind of wiggled the pressure valve closed and open a few times and I noticed the dripping became a...
  3. ghatfuswow

My home is older with iron piping and doesn't seem to have an expansion tank. About the only thing I can figure now is maybe the temperature got set too high on the heater and it's only just now doing this. Could there then be an internal problem causing this?
  4. ghatfuswow

We've owned this water heater for around 9 or so years and I've never seen anything come out this pipe before. Now every 8 hours I end up catching 3-6 cups of water. The valve may need replacement, but I'm just trying to see if it may be something else before I try to swap it out.
  5. ghatfuswow

Tub Faucet Leaking After Many Replacements

This is an older house made around the 1950s and the diverter valve is of the type that's built into the stem rather than that little plug you pull up on a faucet. So far, we've replaced all washers, stems, and handles for each of the three controls (cold, hot, and shower). I'm not particularly...
  6. ghatfuswow

Pilot Light Stays Lit Yet Hot Water Does Not Come On

I ended up placing a call to tech support. They told me to pull the cover off the combination gas valve/thermostat (there's a single screw on the lower left of the cover) to reveal three pins. I was then to measure the resistance between the center pin and the left pin and then the center pin...
  7. ghatfuswow

Pilot Light Stays Lit Yet Hot Water Does Not Come On

I have a Bradford White water heater model# MI40T6FBN with an electronic Honeywell gas control knob. At first, I was having issues with the pilot light not staying lit, so I went out and replaced the pilot assembly. Now that I've done this, the pilot light will stay lit, but I don't get any...
  8. ghatfuswow

Slab Is Not Level Around Flange

Thanks guys.
  9. ghatfuswow

Slab Is Not Level Around Flange

I am encountering issues with a rocky toilet. After removing the toilet from the floor, I saw that the floor where the flange has been installed is not exactly level. What are my possible options? I've included pictures of my case below. Top View Top View 2 Front View Left...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks