Search results

1. Nmlaz

Homemade faucet with copper pipe

Ok, thanks! I guess I was over thinking it. Seemed to me the higher pressure line would hold back the lower one, and not allow mixing. I appreciate the feedback. Nick
  2. Nmlaz

Homemade faucet with copper pipe

Terry et al, I am fabricating a simple faucet from copper pipe in a rustic bathroom remodel. I have a handwheel style stop for the hot and cold. I did this because I thought ball valves would be too easy to turn on full, so I thought I could control flow better this way. My real question is...
  3. Nmlaz

Shower mixing valve recommendations

Anyone have a link in the forums here that I can read about shower mixing valves? I'm looking for a quality valve that won't break the bank...though quality is of higher concern to me. Brands I have been steered towards: Pfister, Grohe, Hansgrohe Any links like Terry's toilet reviews? Thanks...
  4. Nmlaz

Small water heater recommendation

Yes sir, that is legal here. I have a few circuits wired that way. I also have plenty of room for the breaker....however, my original question was for recommendations on a 120v WH ... I realize I would have more options and probably be happier with 240v if I had a higher demand, but I don't. I'm...
  5. Nmlaz

I didn't run anything less than 12/2, which is what this circuit is. I thought about running 240 but for what we'll be using it for (mostly washing hands) I figured the 120v circuit would be fine. Any good little units out there? Thanks so much!
  6. Nmlaz

PEX question: termination at stop valves

Thanks Terry, thanks to everyone who replied. I hired a plumber because I wanted the job done right. Yes, he stubbed out PEX, but I still think the job was clean and professional. I asked, because I read about the copper stub out. He left me all the stop valves to finish the job...I just...
  7. Nmlaz

Hello - I am finishing a bonus room with 1/2 bath / powder room and a bar that will have a sink. I was looking at small water heaters and thought I had it all figured out but would appreciate your input. First, everything is wired (120v dedicated) and plumbed. I was looking at the Ariston 2.5...
  8. Nmlaz

PEX question: termination at stop valves

Hello - I had a professional plumber rough in my plumbing a while back (over a year) in a bonus room I am finishing. It has a bathroom (toilet and sink) and a bar (sink and small water heater location...I have a question about the wh I will ask in another thread). Anyway, he stubbed out...
  9. Nmlaz

Installing Toto Ultramax question

Terry or other, I bought one of the Toto toilets you recommended. I had a flushing problem (frequent clogs from previous toilet) and figured I needed to upgrade anyway. I took the old toilet off and found a transition from flange to soil pipe which now I know probably contributed to the...
  10. Nmlaz

Roughing in small job in shop

Thanks. Waste is not that big an issue though hoping to use one vent for both sinks and toilet. Ive read using 1-1/4" pipe for sinks gives me 5' to vent 1.5" = 6' etc. Toilet will be main line into main trunk with sinks likely to 'Y' into it. Is the distance in pipe length i.e incorporating...
  11. Nmlaz

Roughing in small job in shop

Hello, I'm roughing in a toilet and two sinks in the upstairs of my shop. The sinks will share a common wall (one in bathroom one for bar). I will have a small WH (4gal) that will likely be in a cabinet under a sink. I have 3/4" PEX stubbed in downstairs wall. I figured on installing a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks