Search results

1. Hcw3

Chlorine contact tank contact time, for iron bacteria?

I'm a hot-tub/spa newbie, zero experience, preparing to fill my new-to-me (old) spa for the first time. From my measurements, I'm guessing the tub's got about a 250 gal capacity. We have well water, with a chlorine injector system along with a 120gal contact tank, which deals with the iron...
  2. Hcw3

Asian? European? hose fitting

I've searched and searched, with absolutely no joy... A friend picked up this hose bibb fixture in Nepal, and wants to know if I can find an adapter so it will fit our US hoses. The hose threads seem to measure @20 mm (or half inch hose?), but I could find nothing that comes in that size...
  3. Hcw3

Clorox holding tank turned milky - bad Clorox?

This might sound a little odd, but if someone could advise, I'd appreciate it. We have a chlorine injection system with a holding tank for the Clorox solution. Normally when I mix the Clorox solution up in the tank (using softened tap water), the Clorox solution ends up just a little yellow...
  4. Hcw3

Zoeller ejector pump system noisy?

I have a basement space where we are considering creating a small commercial spa, 2-4 tubs, with a shower and sink/toilet. Our sewer line to the street is approx 2 feet above the floor. We'll be replacing the concrete floor, after digging 12" down, leaving the floor approx 4-6" lower. We...
  5. Hcw3

Hydronic radiant floor system: Change copper verticals to PEX?

We have a (soon to be) finished basement. With our radiant floor system, our installer created a 'forest' of copper verticals to the zones, but he put them directly in front of a window (in the attached pix, the lines change to PEX where the pipe-insulation starts)... There's just enough space...
  6. Hcw3

How to clean the contact tank / precipitate tank

I have a softener system with a chlorine injector, a 120gal fiberglass contact tank, a backwash carbon filter, and then the softener. My question concerns the 120 gal contact tank. The system has been in operation for 4-5 years now, the installer didn't provide much in the way of a cleanout...
  7. Hcw3

Aqua Pure CBF100 carbon filter Clack drain line leak

I'm a homeowner (as opposed to a pro). I have an Aqua Pure CBF100 backwash carbon filter w/ a Clack WS-1 control valve. It has a 3/4" backwash drain tube connected to the valve assembly by a special quick-connect elbow. The elbow has a small 'breather hole' in its base that seems to act to...
  8. Hcw3

vacation: Shut off softener timers?

If I'm away on vacation for a couple of weeks, is there anything wrong with shutting down the softener and carbon filter clocks, so they don't cycle? I'd like to shut off the water to the house, so I can relax, with the knowledge that I won't have a flood while I'm gone. Thanks for any help...
  9. Hcw3

Sharkbite vs union?

I have a couple of connections seeping, on the DHW tank on a fairly new boiler system. The leaking connections are at the tank, where the boiler connects in and out (see attached photo). Back in the "old days", when I knew everything :-) , I was told it was standard practice to install...
  10. Hcw3

3M Cuno Aquapure CBF100 'runs'

3M AquaPure rinse line 'runs' I have a 3M Cuno Aquapure CBF100 carbon backwash filter that has started to continually run a small amount of water from the rinse line. The instruction book says that this indicates a damaged piston seal assembly. The system is six months old, and it's my guess...
  11. Hcw3

3M recommends pressure tank size for their CBF100 carbon filter

I have a new water system, including a new pump & pressure tank, chlorinator & carbon filter, and softener. The carbon filter is a 3M CBF100 "Backwash Filtration System". 3M's documentation for the carbon filter specifies the following: "A PROPERLY SIZED PRESSURE TANK WILL REQUIRE A...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks