Search results

1. Gritres

Best PVC Cleaner, Primer, Glue, All Opinions Welcomed

What do you find is the best for doing connection on PVC pipe of moderate diameter of say 2"? It's my understanding that PVC cleaner and primer are exactly the same thing with the exception of the dye. They have the exact same ingredients and effect on the PVC. The dye is nice so you don't...
  2. Gritres

How Much Rust Is Too Much?

Iron still seems to be the standard for a high value long lasting pump. I have an iron centrifugal that is about 3 years old that pumps good rather clear looking water from a shallow well. After it sits for a good 12 hours if I open the priming valve to let a little water leak out it is just as...
  3. Gritres

Centrifugal Suction Leak Question

I've got a centrifugal and a leak on the suction side (small trickle of air bubbles). The drop line is fresh poly, the leak is most likely in the joints between the poly and the pump, however, it's been hell trying to find the leak and I'm redoing joints left and right and running out of shaving...
  4. Gritres

GPM Thru 2" Question (Valveman Halp!)

I've got a newly installed 2" shallow well with a johnson 10 foot 0.012 screen. I'm getting 15-20 GPM. Is this enough water velocity through that big 2 inch pipe to ensure that sand that is able to get through the screen comes up with the water or am I running the risk of building up a lot of...
  5. Gritres

The Rubber w/ Hose Clamps

Any idea what kind of PSI these will safely work at or should you avoid use them completely on pressured lines? I'm thinking they'd be fine on suction lines though and some testing seems to prove that. EDIT: Don't use these damn things you'll suck air no matter how tight they are.
  6. Gritres

Wash Down or Shark Valve Experience?

Anyone have experience using wash down valves? Namely the ones with the bouyant ball inside it that floats back up and seals off after you've jetted down your well screen? We all know jetting works great to get down in sand and without having to pull a pipe up and place a new one in worrying...
  7. Gritres

Is there such a thing as too much water column weight or diameter?

This question pertains to centrifugal pumps w/ a shallow well. When trying to get as much GPM as possible it's common to connect multiple wells to a single pump to limit the effects of drawdown and get more effective surface area from more well points. This effectively increases the water column...
  8. Gritres

Can't Find Good Well Point/Screen

I'm not talking about those 1 1/4 brady PVC pipes with a couple slots cut in them, I'm looking for a 2 inch wrapped coil steel or PVC (I know johnson makes a wrapped PVC one) but I simply cannot find anyone who sells these things that isn't some overseas warehouse or distributor who wants me to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks