Can't Find Good Well Point/Screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Gritres

Reaction score
I'm not talking about those 1 1/4 brady PVC pipes with a couple slots cut in them, I'm looking for a 2 inch wrapped coil steel or PVC (I know johnson makes a wrapped PVC one) but I simply cannot find anyone who sells these things that isn't some overseas warehouse or distributor who wants me to contact them for a quote.

Just like the sticky thread on driving your own shallow well states, you can't find a good one at the hardware store. I need something that will filter most of the sand out and not require a gravel pack to deliver 40 gpm. Might need a couple of them as I'll want a solid 9 feet or so to ensure some flow. Does anybody know a single site out there that sells quality sand screens???

Gritres

Reaction score
Found a local supplier of Johnson well point (which are rumored to be the best) so I'll have probably 10 feet of 2 inch Johnson wrapped PVC screen soon. Going to cost a lot more than the slotted brady crap but hopefully it'll be worth it and well production should increase with life as opposed to decrease due to the V shaped inlets that promote natural gravel pack development as opposed to promoting clogs. No i'm not a salesman :) and if it sucks you'll hear about it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks