Search results

1. Btglenn

4 zones on one solenoid?

Trying to figure out this older rainbird system at a home I just purchased. I know just enough about irrigation to be dangerous and my basic understanding is that a wire from the controller to each zone's solenoid exists to turn on each zone... seems simple In this case I have 4 zones that all...
  2. Btglenn

New Versajet on old shallow well system problem

Lost my Meyers pump to the freezes last winter and just put in a new shallow jet Schaefer versajet 1 hp made by Franklin elec The system worked fine before and fine after I primed and installed the new pump. The weather is heating up and I started to run sprinklers which was the longest the...
  3. Btglenn

Can you purchase parts for meyers shallow jet pumps?

thanks, its only a year or two old. Ill check around those places I actually just got up with Pentair/Meyers and they do sell parts and were very helpful aside from the fact that the part is more than the entire pump was new.
  4. Btglenn

Can you purchase parts for meyers shallow jet pumps?

I have a cracked casing for meyers HJ100s, though I had it drained but apparently not. Its only the outer side the well pipe connects to. Whats the deal with not being able to find parts easily for these things? A few sites want more than I paid for the entire pump for a new casing. Is the...
  5. Btglenn

Shallow well jet-pump won't cut-out; builds to 48psi, cut-off set to 50psi

Get a new pump, its most likely got bad seals or a bad impeller if its old, jet could be clogged as well. Also when you alter your pressure switch setting you have to reset the pressure in the tank to match, approx 2psi less then the switch on pressure. There may be replacement parts...
  6. Btglenn

repairing shallow well jet pump

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/DAYTON-Shallow-Well-Jet-Pump-5UXK2?Pid=search Dayton 1.5 Hp shallow well jet pump model 5uxk2 cast iron didnt think it was a cheapo the center of the diffuser is threaded like nut goes on a bolt. cant see anywhere to lock the shaft. but ill try and get...
  7. Btglenn

repairing shallow well jet pump

Im cracking my failed pump open to take a look and I can't even get the diffuser off to inspect the impeller. I dont know if they are all similar but mine is a dayton 1.5 hp (Grainger's Brand). The diffuser is threaded so im assuming its screwed onto the shaft. Is there a normal procedure to...
  8. Btglenn

question on well seals

Yea it is 2" sorry i had the pleasure of removing my friends drop pipe from his deep well b/c his casing was cracked, now i see the difference thanks!
  9. Btglenn

At wits end with a shallow well

sounds like we are in about the same situation if it worked before you replaced the pump and tank then its probably an issue with the way you put it back together. From what i have gathered you have to have all connection completely butted and sealed on the suction end. also do you have foot or...
  10. Btglenn

question on well seals

thanks, thats what i thought friend has a deep well jet pump i think with 2 draw pipes, would that make a difference also what does the ejector do?
  11. Btglenn

question on well seals

This is probably a dumb one but does the well seal play any other part other than keeping debris from the well. Just had a buddy tell a shallow well will not hold prime without a complete seal. Also, my well has a 1 1/4 drop and the well itself barely fits the couplings for the 1 1/4 drop...
  12. Btglenn

loosing my my mind, shallow well pump probs

THe pump is made by grainger who offers a list of repair parts online at grainger .com http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/rp_search_by_product.jsp?exact=yes&modelSearchCriteria=5UXK2&search.x=1&suppSearchCriteria=20009701&from=detail&mfgSearchCriteria=DAYTON. It is pump 5uxk2 but now...
  13. Btglenn

loosing my my mind, shallow well pump probs

Just got a new cast iron dayton 1.5hp installed with switch at 50-70 and was loosing prime overnight but worked fine when it was primed so i replaced the suction line and tightened up my pvc work and got all connect again. primed then and stays primed at test. Go to attach a brand new tank at...
  14. Btglenn

Priming point in suction line for shallow well?

Hello all, I have searched for other threads and read quite a few of them but I can't seem to pinpoint where I am going wrong here. I've never had something cause so much frustration is this well... Have a shallow well with water table about 8 feet down and the well is like 42 feet I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks