New Versajet on old shallow well system problem

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog' started by btglenn, Apr 26, 2014.

1. btglenn

btglenn New Member

Lost my Meyers pump to the freezes last winter and just put in a new shallow jet Schaefer versajet 1 hp made by Franklin elec The system worked fine before and fine after I primed and installed the new pump. The weather is heating up and I started to run sprinklers which was the longest the pump has run consecutively. Came home and it was off. No signs of overheat. Motor looks fine. No breaker tripped. Power is getting passed pressure switch 230v to motor but it doesn't turn on. Anyone have any experience with something like this. Thanks in advance

Barron
  2. valveman

valveman Moderator Staff Member

There is an automatic overload in the motor. Let it cool a few minutes and try it again. If that doesn't work I would think you don't have power on the right side of the pressure switch, or the motor is shot. Was the motor wired for 230 volts?